Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 21 August 2019

Heart of Christmas Blog Hop - Week 1


The card I have to show you tonight were both made using the Perfectly Plaid stamp set and punch bundle. I love having a Christmas Tree punch, they are a very convenient way of cutting out shapes quickly. Great for my classes too.

The first card has 5 of the Distinktive trees that have been  cut with the punch and mounted on a piece of DSP from the Wrapped in Plaid pack. The trees are stamped in Shaded Spruce with Soft Suede trunks. For the greeting I inked only the Christmas Cheer in Versamark and embossed this in Gold emboss powder.


One side of this paper features various small Christmas images while the reverse side features different plaids that all have a gold foil strip through them. It gives the paper a very elegant feel. Perfect for other themes too, like masculine cards.

 The second card features the same image, but this time stamped directly on to Whisper White card stock. I have stamped off some of the images to vary the depth of the trees. The trees are stamped in Garden Green with Soft Suede trunks. The full greeting was stamped over the trees in Cherry Cobbler.

 I stamped the same image in Garden Green on the card stock base. I have used two small pieces of the Cherry Cobbler Striped Ribbon on the right side of the image.





   If you would like a copy of the 2019 - 2020 Annual catalogue or the new Holiday catalogue drop me a line and I will send one out.

For more Christmas inspiration from the Art With Heart Team head to Claire's blog for a full list of tonight's participants.

Happy stamping,
Rachel




Product List

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Rachel, those plaid designs with the metallic through them are just so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are so lovely, Rachel, especially the second card with the garden green and soft suede colour combo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Rachel, and yes I agree, the punch makes Christmas cards so easy and effortless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Rachel. I love how easy punches make card making too. I really like the traditional colours of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Rachel. I particularly love your first card with the rich tones. The plaid and gold look beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great cards Rachel, just so great having a tree punch and the distinctive stamp is fabulous with giving depth to these trees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards, Rachel. I especially love the plaid background with the gold accents for your trees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the folksy feel of this Christmas card. The paper is so rich and warm looking and I like how you've added the grouping of trees as your focal. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards Rachel, love the traditional Christmas colour schemes & I like the way you've added the ribbon on your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sensational cards Rachel using a lovely traditional colour scheme. Isn’t the Wrapped in Plaid DSP just gorgeous? Thanks for sharing. I will be casing these cards.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10