Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 9 February 2022

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 35 Petal Pink

 

Hello friends, welcome to week 35 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop. Every week the Art With Heart team has been featuring one of the Stampin' Up! colours in alphabetical order. This week we are featuring Petal Pink which is a soft pink/apricot colour in the Subtles color family.

For my first card I have used the Easter Friends stamp set, specifically the bunny image. 


I stamped in Soft Suede ink and coloured with Blends Markers in Petal Pink, Pale Papaya and Cajun Craze. 


The image panel was cut using one of the Scalloped Contour Dies. 

The mat behind the image is Garden Green and the DSP in from the Heart & Home pack.


The bunch of flowers the bunny is holding was punched with the Bough Punch, the stems in Garden Green and the flowers in Petal Pink. I added some Wink of Stella to the flowers for a bit of sparkle.


The second card I have to share with you uses one of my favourite stamp sets, Free As A Bird. I stamped the image and the greeting in Early Espresso ink and coloured with Petal Pink, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Old Olive Blends Markers.


I added a slight blue tinge to the sky by applying Balmy Blue ink with a Blending Brush. I coloured the White Crinkled Seam Binding with the Dark Petal Pink Blends Marker so that it stood out a bit more on the card.



The background DSP is a sheet from the Friendly Hello Bundle, which is one of the rewards in the Sale-a-bration Sale.

Now it's time to see what my lovely and very talented friend Sharon Davern has to share with us. Click on her name on the link below to head to her blog.


If you find a problem with any of our links tonight head to Catherine Proctor's blog for a complete list of tonight's participants.

Product List

9 comments:

  1. Rachel, your bunny is adorable and your colouring superb! I just want to stroke that bunny. I love the way you've combined the Friendly Hello DSP with the Free as a Bird stamp set for your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you have made Petal Pink look gorgeous, Rach! I love how you coloured the bunny, and it is too sweet, holding the little bunch of flowers. The background paper used on your second card is a perfect choice, and the narrow Petal Pink ribbon looks beautiful across the white panel. Lovely colour co-ordination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what an adorable bunny! It’s beautifully coloured and just love the colours you have used Rachel and goes so well with the pretty DSP layer. In your second card I love the combination of your choice of stamp set with the DSP from Sale-a-bration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so adorable Rachel, and your colouring is always so good! Your bunny is so cute with those flowers and I really love how you have used the bough punch. Your colouring on the second card is perfect. The blending of crumb cake and petal pink looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both gorgeous cards Rachel. The bunny is so sweet holding the little bunch of flowers. Your colouring of the birds on the second card is just beautiful and great choice of DSPs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel both of your cards are just beautiful. The bunny on the first card is gorgeous and the colouring of the birds on the second card is just lovely. I can't choose my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two very sweet cards, so beautifully and expertly coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful cards Rachel. So love your colouring on both cards. Your bunny holding little flowers is so cute and your Birds are delightful. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two very sweet cards Rachel. I adore the bunny card, it’s just beautiful and your colouring is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10