Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 2 November 2022

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 27 - Rays of Light Butterfly



Welcome to week 27 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. Ever week for the last 27 we have been featuring one of the Stampin' Up! colours in alphabetical order. This week we're up to Mango Melody, from the Stampin' Up! Brights colour family.


To make this card I attached the Rays Of Light stamp to my Stamparatus. I inked first in Daffodil Delight and then added Mango Melody around the outside. I sprayed the stamp with a plain water spritzer before stamping on to Basic White card stock. I specifically wanted to use the Stamparatus in case I needed to reink and stamp again.


The butterflies were cut from Basic Black card stock and Vellum card stock.


The greeting from the Charming Sentiments stamp set was stamped in Memento Black ink and cut out with the matching die. The final elements were a few Matte Black Dots down the center of the butterfly.

The next stop on our blog hop belongs to the very talented Di Furniss, I can't wait to see what see has to share with us.


If you have any issues with the links in our hop please head to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the amazing host of our CC hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Thanks for visiting,
Rachel


Product List

6 comments:

  1. Rachel, this is fabulous! It looks like the butterfly is flying in front of the sun and the Rays of Light set gives your butterfly even more movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another striking card with black in the colour combo!! Rachel, your stamping of the Rays of Light stamp is fabulous. I love the spritzed effect and the dual tones. The layered butterfly is really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, WOW! That background! What a beautiful effect, Rach. Love this card (and I may even love Mango Melody now).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how beautiful! The background stamping is magnificent - it draws the eye to the butterfly so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such a gorgeous card. I love your rays of light stamping with the different colours and the spritzing of water. Amazing effect. And the butterflies - the black and vellum layers are delightful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely bright card Rachel, I love the Black butterfly it really pops on your card.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10