Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 8 February 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop, week 39 - Pool Party Conversation Bubbles and Fancy Flora


Woo hoo, I'm on a roll, two consecutive weeks in the blog hop. Each week we have been featuring one of the Stampin' Up! colours in alphabetical order and this week we are featuring Pool Party, which is a soft, pale green/blue. 



The first card I have to share with you is cased from the catalogue. I used the same layout from the mini catalogue on page 39 but changed the colours and added a few features.

I embossed the main panel with the splatters from the Stripes and Splatters 3D embossing folders.
The background paper is from the Dandy Designs DSP.



The second card I have to share uses the Fancy Flora DSP with the Art Gallery bundle. My thoughts were that the painted style of the Art Gallery flowers suited the painted  feel of the Fancy Flora DSP.

I picked a couple of the colours from the paper, Petal Pink and Calypso Coral to stamp the flowers. The leaves are Pool Party and Mint Macaron.
All of the products used in these projects are available from my online Stampin' Up! store. If you have any questions please contact me, I'm always happy to talk stamping and Stampin' Up!

Now it's time to head to Andrea Sargent's blog to see what beautiful project she has to share with us.


If you encounter any problems with the links in our blog hop please head to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the wonderful host of our blog hop and has a complete list of tonight's participants.
 
Thanks for visiting. Make sure to pop back next week to check out our Poppy Parade projects.

Happy stamping,
Rachel

Product List

9 comments:

  1. Two weeks in a row and two cards tonight - you are definitely on a roll, Rachel! I love how different both your cards are - the first one very modern and great for a teen or a man and the second card unapologetically floral and fancy. I can't chose a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are both stunning! The Conversation Bubble card looks way better in Pool Party, and the Art Gallery flowers are definitely perfect with the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Rachel and I love the embossed splatters in your first card combined with the speech bubbles and cheerful DSP to give a fun and young vibe. For your second card I agree the florals from this set pair nicely with the Fancy Flora DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, you matched the DSP perfectly on both cards. I love the fun vibe of card 1, and the combination of colours on card 2 are so pretty. Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great yet different cards Rachel. Snap on the DSP and embossing folder though. I had originally planned to make a non floral card but couldn't help myself, but I really love the one you have created. Your second one is unapologetically floral though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both beautiful softly coloured cards, Rachel. Love the Conversation Bubbles - I'm yet to ink that one up. A great mix of products that coordinate so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty cards, Rach - you've used Pool Party beautifully. The first card is happy and fun, and I agree that the flowers on your second card go really well with the "painted" background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are both so wonderful, Rachel. The DSP you've chosen for each was the perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous cards Rachel. I love them both so much. The way you have used the Conversation Bubbles is lovely and the combination of the Art Gallery flowers with the Fancy Flora DSP is so beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10