Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 21 June 2023

Colour Creations week 8 - Lemon Lolly

 


Hello stamping friends, welcome to week 8 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. Every week we are featuring one of the Stampin' Up! colours in alphabetical order. This week we are featuring one of the new colours that entered the Stampin' Up! colour range this year, Lemon Lolly.
I have two cards to share with you tonight. The first card uses the Zany Zoo Bundle.


I stamped the racoon image in Memento Black ink on Basic White card stock. I coloured the image with Smoky Slate Blends Markers and highlights with the Colour Lifter Marker.


On the card front I used one of the Foursquare Masks, Lemon Lolly ink and a Blending Brush to add a pattern.


I mounted the racoon on a tag die cut that was embossed with one of the Online Exclusives 3D Embossing Folders from the 3pack. I cut four balloons from Lemon Lolly, Basic White and Daffodil Delight.


The greeting from Go To Greetings was stamped in Smoky Slate on Basic White card stock and each word was cut out using the Stylish Shapes Dies.

For the second card I cut out the letters for HAPPY from Lemon Lime Twist, Lemon Lolly, Azure Afternoon, Fresh Freesia and Berry Burst card stock.


The card front is a piece of Bright & Beautiful DSP. I mounted the letters on a piece of Basic White card stock cut using a Scalloped Contour Die.


I cut out some more balloons from the Beautiful Balloons Dies in Azure Afternoon, Fresh Freesia and Lemon Lolly card stock and used some small pieces of white twine as the balloon strings.


I stamped the birthday greeting from the Best Ever stamp set in Berry Burst ink on Lemon Lolly card stock. The final touch was a few sequins from the Loose Silver Sequins pack. They were attached with some Multipurpose Glue.

All of the products used to make these cards are available from my online store, the links are below.
Take advantage of tomorrow's FREE POSTAGE from Stampin' Up! to stock up on some items on your wish list.


Please contact me with any questions.

Now it's time to see what my very clever team member Theresa Gerrard has to share with us.


If you have any problems with the links in our hop, please head to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the amazing host of our hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Please visit same time next week when we will be featuring Pecan Pie.


Thanks for visiting,
Rachel


Product List

9 comments:

  1. Both cards are gorgeous but the raccoon is my favourite with the blended background. Lovely technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful, happy, birthday cards that show off this lovely yellow quite differently to one another. I especially love the first one, with the cute little critter, clouds and balloons - and the stamping and ink blending. Gorgeous, Rach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 lovely cards Rachel, I'm so loving Lemon Lolly it is such a bright cheerful colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa Gerrard22 June 2023 at 12:28

    Two great cards Rachel featuring Lemon Lolly. I especially love how you have created the word Happy to match the paper. Your other card is also very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So balloons are the uniting theme, as well as Lemon Lolly. Both gorgeous cards, but I have to say the stripes with co-ordinating letters is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards Rachel, but since I love the Foursquare masks, that would have to be my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both your cards Rachel. Your raccoon & balloons card is delightful - so perfect with Lemon Lolly. Your coordination of lettering colouring with the background is gorgeous. Love the addition of balloons too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Both cards are gorgeous Rachel, I can not chose. Let me have another look. Ok maybe I will have to go with the Raccoon as my daughter has a thing for Racoons at the moment and I love how you have masked on the the background and embossed on the tag. The colour coordinated balloons on the second card are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two really cute cards, I love the details on the racoon card but I love how you have matched the cardstock in happy to the DSP on the card.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10