Subscribe to my Newsletter

Monday 7 August 2023

Heart of Christmas Week 1 - So Very Merry Window

 




Hello friends. Can you believe that it's time to kick off another year of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hops with the Art With Heart Team? Surely Christmas is further away than that. But alas, no. So here is my first Christmas card of 2023.

For today's card I have used the So Very Merry stamp set which is one of the Online Exclusives. The image below will take you to the website where you can see all of the Online Exclusives.


I stamped the angel image on Vellum card stock in Stazon Black and then coloured on the REVERSE SIDE with my Blends Markers. If you colour on the front of the image you will smudge the image and end up with Stazon on your Marker, of which neither is good.


I used a circle from the Stylish Shapes dies to cut the circles in the front of all three layers together. It only cut through two layers to start with but it made an indentation on the third layer which I could use to cut that layer on it's own. I did it this way so that the holes in all 3 layers lined up perfectly.


 The vellum sheet with the image was layered between the Real Red and Lost Lagoon layers. I embossed the top layer, which is Pretty Peacock with the Exposed Brick 3D Embossing Folder. 


The greeting was stamped in Real Red and cut with another of the Stylish Shapes Dies. I tied a double bow from some leftover ribbon as my final embellishment.
All of the products used to make this card are available through my online store. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Now it time to see some more Christmas inspiration from my Art With Heart friends. Next hop on our tour is Tina Gillespie.

If you have any problems with the links in our hop please head to Sharon Davern's blog as she is the host of our Heart of Christmas blog hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Thanks for visiting, happy stamping,

11 comments:

  1. Rachel, I love that you can see through the window from both the front and the inside of your card. This is gorgeous and between you and Theresa I am definitely adding this stamp set to my next order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Rachel, the stained glass window is fantastic with the Exposed Brick Embossing folder! A Great card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stained glass angel is so pretty! I love that you've made it into a window, and the soft colouring looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely colours, and a really clever design, Rach. The softness of the colouring, on the reverse side of the vellum, is so pretty. Beautiful first Christmas card for this year's blog hops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a gorgeous card Rachel. Love how the image can be viewed front and from inside. And beautiful soft colours for the angel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that your card really has a stained glass window, Rachel. Very clever design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!!! Fabulous and very clever idea Rachel. I didn't think I needed this set but I am now hoping it is restocked very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Theresa Gerrard9 August 2023 at 13:34

    Snap on the stamp set and sentiment! I just love it and how many options there are. I love the idea of stamping onto the vellum to really create the stained glass look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cicle window is so beautiful, Rachel, really shows off the stained glass effect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful stained glass angel card Rachel. As others have all ready said - your stained ‘glass’ window is brilliant being seen from both sides of the card front. As always, your colouring is delightful. So gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachel, I just love how you stamped the angel image on Vellum. It has such a lovely soft look to it, and that you can see both sides is really special. A truly lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10