Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 12 June 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 7 Azure Afternoon Racing By Pop Up

 



Hello, I'm back with another Racing By card for week 7 of the Colour Creation Blog Hop. This week the team at Art With Heart are creating projects that feature Azure Afternoon, a lovely bright blue from the Brights Colour Family.


For this card I started stamping the car images from the bottom of the Basic White card front. I staggered the alignment of the cars so hopefully they look like a whole field of race cars racing by.
Due to the dreary weather in Melbourne over the last few days I had trouble getting nice photos of my cards so please forgive the fingers in a couple of the pictures, I was chasing the light.

I stamped the solid colours of the cars in Azure Afternoon, Gorgeous Grape and Lemon Lime Twist. The greeting is stamped in Gorgeous Grape.

To make the inside of the card a bit special I added an extra pop up car. I stamped the outline in Memento Black, the main car colour in Gorgeous Grape and this time I added a driver in Azure Afternoon. I just realised that all of my race cars on the front are driverless, OOOps! They must be driverless race cars of the future ;) 


This pop up mechanism was super easy. Just a strip of card stock scored at intervals of 2cm then joined to form a box. This was secured on two side to the inside of the card. The card was then attached to the front face of the box.


Azure Afternoon is a fabulous,bright blue that works perfectly with so many of Stampin' Up!s beautiful colours, some bright and some not so bright. Now it's time for more Azure Afternoon inspiration from the Art With Heart Team. The next blog in line is Rosa Leyden.

If you encounter any issues with the links in our hop please head to Cathy's blog as she is the wonderful host of tonight's hop and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Please come back next week when we will be featuring Balmy Blue projects.

Thanks for visiting,
Rachel

Product List


5 comments:

  1. Such a fun colour combination for your delightful card, Rachel. The pop-up surprise inside is very cute, and the fact it includes a driver gives it a point of difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a pop-up racing car card, how adorable, Rachel! Azure Afternoon, Gorgeous Grape and Lemon Lime Twist look amazing together and I did have a giggle at your comment about driverless race cars of the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa Gerrard13 June 2024 at 12:34

    What a lovely surprise the pop up car would be when the card was opened. Such a great card for a male or even a car loving female!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel what an awesome card for car loving person. Your card makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these colours together, Rachel, all those race cars lined up look fantastic. Love the pop up mechanism on the inside too!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10