Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 20 March 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 45 - Shaded Spruce Embossing Paste

 



Hi stamping friends, welcome to week 45 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop. Every week we have been featuring one of the fabulous Stampin' Up! colours and this week we are featuring Shaded Spruce. Shaded Spruce is in our Regals colour family and is a lovely deep, rich green colour. 
For tonight's card I have revisited an embossing paste technique that I haven't used for a while.


I started with a Basic White card front and secured a mask from the Foursquare Mask set over the top with some washi tape.


I covered the piece with Shimmery Embossing Paste using Palette Knives and then added ink from the ink refills. I started with the lightest colour and finished with Shaded Spruce.


For the second card I used the same technique but after I'd finished with the inks I sprinkled some Gilded Leafing over the top and smooshed it into the wet embossing paste.


For all of tonight's cards I used the Wanted to Say Dies for the greeting, first in Holographic silver and then in Distressed Gold Specialty Paper.


The star embellishments were cut using the Beautiful Balloons Dies from card stock, Distressed Gold Specialty Paper or Silver Holographic Paper. The larger stars were embossed with one of the Basics 3 pack 3D Embossing Folders from the Online Exclusives.


These two cards featured Shaded Spruce but I wanted to make one with brighter girly colours.


For this card the ink colours I used were Melon Mambo, Highland Heather and Daffodil Delight. The mask for this card is from the Artistic Mix Decorative Masks.


Card stock colours are Highland Heather and Melon Mambo.


Here are the three cards together.


All of the products used here are available from my Online Stampin' Up! Store.
Now it's time to check in with Christine Blain to see what amazing project she has to share with us.


If you have any issues with the links in this blog hop please head to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the wonderful host of our colour blog hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Thanks,
Rachel


Product List

9 comments:

  1. The sparkly finish on these cards is outstanding, Rach! What an interesting technique. I can't quite picture how you've added the ink after applying embossing paste over the stencil, but the result is really eye-catching. I especially love the second card, with the addition of gilded leafing, and use of gold for the sentiment. Beautiful work, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous technique, Rachel, using a mask and the Shimmery Embossing Paste. I love the colour combination on all three of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shimmery backgrounds are spectacular! I love how you've kept the rest of the cards stylishly minimal so that the shimmer can shine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards, Rachel, I thought I’d be able to pick a favourite but actually i can’t. I haven’t heard about adding ink after spreading the paste before either, but the effect is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel Palmieri20 March 2024 at 22:18

    Anon, otherwise known as Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful set of cards Rachel. I love your sparkly masked backgrounds. The effect of adding the colours after spreading the embossing paste is gorgeous and I especially like the addition of the gilded leafing. Love them all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow the shimmer and sparkles on your cards are a standout. Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great technique, Rachel, I was inspired to do more with the paste after OnStage too. I love the 2nd card with the added gold gilded leafing, an extra touch of elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theresa Gerrard25 March 2024 at 16:49

    Great cards Rachel and the shimmery background looks amazing. I do like how you have used the gold leafing.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10