Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 2 February 2022

Colour Creations Blog Hop Week 34 Pear Pizzazz

 


Woo, hoo! I finally got myself organised to join another Colour Creations Blog Hop. Between being away with sketchy internet and the horridly hot weather in Melbourne I lost my way.
This week we are featuring Pear Pizzazz, a lovely mellow green that is part of our Subtles Colour Family. I have taken a few liberties with tonight's cards as although they both include Pear Pizzazz, it is not the featured colour. 
To make these cards I used the Butterflies and Flowers Layering Decorative Masks which are available in our new Jan to June Mini Catalogue.


For all of the butterflies I used Flirty Flamingo for the base colour, with a Blending Brush and the open butterfly mask. I then used the detailed mask and Polished Pink and Calypso Coral ink over the top.


I added the leaves in Pear Pizzazz by using the leaf sprigs in the third mask. Don't tell anyone, but this was a great way to cover up any whoopsies that occurred when I didn't completely cover up the unwanted masks when colouring the butterflies :) .


The background for this card was coloured with Misty Moonlight ink and the floral mask shown above. There are two other background masks in the pack.


To add some texture to the card I punched some sprigs using the Sprig Punch and Pear Pizzazz card stock and attached them around the butterfly.
The greeting for this card is from the Special Moments stamp set.

Same process for the second card, just a different layout. The bottom butterfly uses the same colors as the first, the top butterfly has flowers blended in Polished Pink only.


This greeting is a combination of the Biggest Wish and Artistically Ink stamp sets and is stamped in Polished Pink.

Now it's time to see what the amazingly talented Cathy Proctor has to share with us.



Cathy is also the host of our Blog Hop and she has a complete list of all of tonight's participants in case you have issues.

Thanks for visiting,
Rachel


Product List

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what beautiful, colourful, cards Rach! Even though Pear Pizzazz may not be the star of your cards, the stencilled leaves look gorgeous; the perfect green. It's so good to have you back on board, my friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards Rachel especially love the colourful blended butterflies. You have done an amazing job blending with the masks. I love the colours in your second card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Rachel, both your cards are so vibrant! I just love the way you've used and blended the colour on both these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel both of your cards are just beautiful and a lovely way to feature the masks. Even though you say Pear Pizzazz is not the main focus you have used it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - absolutely beautiful Rachel! A gorgeous colour combination on both cards. I love them both so much! I would love to CASE with your permission of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both beautiful cards, Rachel. You have managed to get such amazing depth with your blending brushes and these masks. Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Rachel! You really have mastered the masks and blending brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning cards Rachel. I love them both but the second is my favourite as I love the way you used the floral mask on the butterfly for such a unique look.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10