Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 13 March 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 44 - Real Red Rainbow

 


Hello stamping friends, welcome to week 44 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. Every week we have been featuring one of the Fabulous Stampin' Up ! colours in alphabetical order. This week it's time for some Real Red inspiration.

I got the idea to do a rainbow paint smear of flowers when I saw the cute little paint brush in the Trusty Tools Bundle. 


I cut lots of flowers from Real Red, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight card stock from the Sentimental Park Dies and the Paper Florist Dies. I cut the leaves from Garden Green using the Timeless Arrangements Dies.

So that I could get a nice even smear shape I cut a mask using one of the Basic Borders Dies. I adhered this to the Soft Sea Foam card base with a small amount of Washi Tape.


I arranged the flowers and leaves in colour order and then adhered them with Multipurpose Glue and Glue Dots.


In some of the larger flowers I placed some retired Pearls and Opal Rounds. The greeting from the Throughout The Year stamp set was stamped in Basic White card stock and was cut out with a Deckled Rectangle Die.


The paintbrush was coloured with my Blends Markers.

I love how this card turned out, although in hindsight I think I would have done a bit more to the background piece, maybe embossing or background stamping.

All of the products used to make this card are available from my online store.

Now it's time for the next stop in our blog hop. Please continue around the blog hop for lots of amazing Real Red inspiration. Next up is Andrea Sargent.

If you have any issues with the liks in our hop please head to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the wonderful host of our Colour Creations Blog Hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Thanks for visiting,we'll be back next week with Shaded Spruce projects.

Happy stamping,

6 comments:

  1. You are just too clever! Love your creativity with this design, Rach. It's so beautiful, happy and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Rachel! Anyone would be thrilled to receive this beautiful creation..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning card, Rachel! I love this so much - it would look amazing in so many kinds of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just too cool for school! Absolutely stunning! Love the flowers being sprayed/painted from the paint brush! Gorgeous colour palette. So much love for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a gorgeous splash of sunshine, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa Gerrard25 March 2024 at 14:02

    Oh wow wow wow Rachel your card is beautiful. I love how you make it look like the spray of flowers has been painted. Very effective.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10