Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 27 March 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 46 - Smoky Slate Sneak Peek

 



Hello stamping friends, I’m very excited to be sharing some sneak peeks from the new catalogue with you for tonight’s blog hop. But first, if you haven’t visited our Colour Creattions Blog Hop previously, every week the Art With Heart Team have been featuring one of Stampin’ Up!s beautiful colours in alphabetical order. This week we are up to Smoky Slate, a lovely soft gray from our Neutrals Colour Family.

For tonight’s card I have used one of the new sets I purchased through a special preorder after our amazing Onstage Stampin’ Up! Event. As an added bonus we are permitted to purchase some of the new sets from the upcoming 2024~25 Annual Catalogue.
This set is called Under The Moon. This stamp set has a lovely textured finish that gives the stamped image a watercoloured effect.



For the first card I stamped the sky image in Tahitian Tide and then again in Smoky Slate. Using my Paper Snips I fussy cut  the Smoky Slate clouds from the Smoky Slate image. 


I used a Sponge Dauber to gently add some Daffodil Delight ink to the sun and also to the edge of the clouds.
To stamp the water image I first inked the whole stamp in Balmy Blue and then reinked the outside edges with Blueberry Bushel and the blended the colours together with a Sponge Dauber. I added some Daffodil Delight to the center with a Dauber once it had been stamped.

I love, love love this new greeting, another sneak peek from the new Annual Catalogue. The set is called Unbounded Love and can be bundled with equally gorgeous greeting panel dies that are quite different to others we have.
For my second card I attempted to CASE (copy and share everything) a card from page 89 in the catalogue. I started by white embossing the moon stamp on Basic White card stock and colouring in the moon in Smoky Slate with a Sponge Dauber.

I cut a mask to put over the moon with my discontinued 2 1/4” circle punch so that I could shade the sky with Blending Brushes. The colours I used were Blueberry Bushel, Tahitian Tide and Balmy Blue. I splattered the sky with White Craft Ink and a Water colour brush to add the stars. The clouds across the bottom are stamped in Smoky Slate and Blueberry Bushel.


I cut the main image out with a large Perennial Postage Die and mounted it on Basic White, then Blueberry Bushel and then onto Balmy Blue.


Here are the two cards together. I hope you enjoyed your peek into the new Catalogue, all of the new products are available from the 1st of May. 

Now it’s time to see what amazing Smoky Slate creation Cathy Proctor has to share with us.

If you have any problems with the links in our blog hop please head to Cathy's blog as she is also the host of our blog hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants. Be sure to hop around to all of the blogs for heaps of beautiful Smoky Slate creations.

Thanks for visiting,
Rachel


7 comments:

  1. Wow, two amazing cards! The stamps are so effective, and you've coloured them so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great stamp set, Rachel. I love the way you've used daubers to get colour where you wanted it, both are really nice cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are both so beautiful, Rachel! You have showcased these new products perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created great effects by adding ink with sponge daubers and blending brushes, Rach. I really love the Happy Birthday sentiment on your first card. The white-embossed moon, coloured with Smoky Slate, on your second card looks fab. Great idea to add clouds beneath it. Lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wonderful serene scenes created by stamping and masking. Totally agree with you Rachel and I too love that birthday greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great cards, Rachel. I love how you used the same products, but achieved totally different looks. I love the 2nd one, with the blue blended inks and the gorgeous white moon and splattering of stars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards Rachel. Your first card is wonderful with the double stamping and fussy cutting and the addition of colours with sponge daubers - the effect is so gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10