Subscribe to my Newsletter

Monday 30 August 2021

Heart of Christmas Week 9 - Sweets & Treats



Welcome to week 9 of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop. Do you realise that there is less than 4 months until Christmas? Now is the time to get started on making your Christmas cards so follow our blog hop through to receive lots of fabulous inspiration.

For my card I have chosen to use the Sweets & Treats stamp set that I used last week. 

For this card I stamped the pudding onto Basic White card stock in Memento Black ink. I coloured the image with Blends Markers. The colours I used are listed below.



I stamped the stand image on a piece of wood grain DSP from the In Good Taste DSP pack. This was cut out by hand and then attached under the pudding. The whole image was cut out using one of the Stitched So Sweetly scalloped rectangle dies.


The cloche image was stamped on Window Sheet in Stazon Ink. I used Stazon Ink as it is an alcohol based ink that is made to dry on non porous surfaces, such as plastic Window Sheets.


I used the matching Die from the Cloche Dies set to cut the Window Sheet.


I selectively inked one of the greetings from the Holly Jolly Wishes stamp set on to Basic White card stock in Real Red ink and then separated the Merry and Christmas. The bow on the top of the cloche is from Real Red Sheer Ribbon and was attached with a Glue Dot.

The next stop on our blog hop belongs to my lovely friend Christine Blain. You will love the stunning project she has to share with us.


The team will be back on Wednesday night with the Colour Creations Showcase, this week featuring Crushed Curry.

Thanks for visiting,
Rachel

Product List

11 comments:

  1. Oh, how cute! I especially love the DSP you've chosen for the background, it works so perfectly with the art panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Rachel! I love that the plum pudding takes centre stage on your card. Great idea, to stamp the stand on the woodgrain DSP ... and to add a window sheet cloche. The Stitched So Sweetly die cut, the DSP, and the sweet bow, are also favourites of mine. Lovely job, my friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh yum looking forward to some Christmas pudding and yours looks scrumptious Rachel. I love how you have used window sheets for a ‘glass’ effect for the cloche. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The added touches of the window sheet cloche and the woodgrain DSP are perfect finishes on this card and your bow on the card is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rachel, that bow on top of the cloche is adorable, as is the rest of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel your colouring is just superb! I love the bow on the cloche as well. The colouring make the pudding good enough to eat and almost makes me want to have Christmas now! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Rachel. Love that perfect red bow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another yummy Christmas pudding card. I love the patterned psper behind and the cloche on window sheet is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another perfectly coloured pud, Ros. You are really beginning to temp me with your cards featuring the cloche and/or puddings. And, I don't even like plum pudding!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your card Rachel. From the cake stand on woodgrain DSP to the cloche on the window sheet and your colouring is just beautiful. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this sweet card, Rachel. The bright red background is a lovely contrast to the crisp white label and using the window sheet is a great idea for the cloche. Yummy looking pudding!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10