Subscribe to my Newsletter

Monday 12 September 2022

Heart of Christmas Blog Hop week 11- Evergreen Tree Trimming Dies

 

Hi stamping friends, welcome to week 11 of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop. Every week until the end of November, the Art With Heart Team will be bringing you Christmas inspiration on a Monday evening.

For this week's card I have used the very versatile Tree Trimming Dies which co ordinate with the Trimming The Tree stamp set from the Annual Catalogue. These dies are one of six special release dies sets that are only available during the Perfect Partners Promotion for the month of September.



I cut the smallest tree from the Tree Trimming Dies from one of the sheet from the Boughs of Holly DSP. I used my Stampin' Pick Tool to poke out the foliage to give the tree some dimension.


The mottled greens in this sheet of DSP make a lovely Christmas tree.


The card base is Evening Evergreen card stock and this has been layered with another sheet from the Boughs of Holly DSP pack.


I cut the oval frame from Distressed Gold Specialty paper using one of the Fabulous Frames Dies, then used the same die again to cut an oval to go behind the Christmas Tree in Soft Succulent card stock.


For the greeting I first had to cut the small oval from Sift Succulent card stock using a die from the Tree Trimming set and then stamp the greeting from the Trimming the Tree stamp set. Usually I stamp the greeting first then cut it out but because the small oval die does not have a hole in the center to allow accurate positioning over the greeting it was necessary to reverse the process. Luckily the stamp set is clear so it was easy to see where I was stamping. 

The final embellishment was a star cut from the Very Vanilla Glimmer paper from the Glimmer Specialty paper pack.

Now it's time to hop to the next blog for more Christmas inspiration from Sharon Davern.


Sharon is also the host of our Heart of Christmas blog hops so if you encounter any issues moving between links please head to her blog for a complete list of tonight's participants.

Thanks for visiting,
Rachel

Product List

8 comments:

  1. How lovely! The focal arrangement makes me think of a cameo brooch. The tree looks fabulous cropped from the DSP, and the gold frame is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Rachel and I love the simplicity of the design where all the elements combine beautifully. Thanks for the tip on stamping that sentiment as I also couldn’t decide how best to tackle it this week so I ended up using a different die lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, this is a pattern that I’m struggling to think of ways to use on my cards. I certainly wouldn’t have thought to cut out a tree using it - so clever. It looks fabulous and the bits of white look like snow. A gorgeous card! Caroline x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Rachel. I love the focal point being in the lower right hand section of the card. Creating a gold frame with Soft Succulent background for your gorgeous tree is perfect. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snap on the Distressed Gold for the frame Rachel. It looks effective doesn't it. I love how you have chosen the paper for the tree rather than just cardstock. It adds another dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel, the mottled greens in this boughs of Holly DSP are so effective for your tree. I love the gold frame and the layout of your card too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really sweet card, Rachel. I love how you placed your framed tree in the corner and that DSP for the tree is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, how inspired, to use that glorious DSP to create a tiny die-cut tree!! I love that it is small, yet such a beautifully detailed focus of your card, Rach. The Distressed Gold oval frame looks beautiful against the striped DSP background. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10