Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 12 July 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 11 - Basic Gray Level Complete

 




Hello stampers, it's time for week 11 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. Every Wednesday evening we have been featuring one of the Stampin' Up! colours. This week all of our projects feature Basic Gray, a versatile dark gray from the Neutrals colour family.

For card's today I used the Level Complete stamp set. I was inspired by this sample card from the catalogue.
I quite regularly use the samples in the catalogue for inspiration if I'm struggling. I reversed the colours by stamping the controller image numerous times on Basic Gray card stock with Versamark ink and White embossing powder.


To highlight the other buttons on the controllers I stamped the image on Real Red, Azure Afternoon, Garden Green and Daffodil Delight. I fussy cut the individual buttons with Paper Snips. These teeny tiny pieces were then glued to the Basic Gray card front.


The greetings were stamped on Real Red and Azure Afternoon with Memento Black ink.


All of the products used to make this card are available from my online store. 


Now it's time to see what my lovely team member Rachel Palmieri has to share with us. Click on her name or the image below.

If you encounter any issues with the links in our hop please on to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the wonderful host of our blog hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Please visit again next week when we will be featuring Berry Burst projects.
Thanks for visiting,
Rachel

7 comments:

  1. What a great colour combination, Rachel! I love all the repeating game controller with the little pops of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fab card, Rachel! I *very* briefly considered doing what you've done for your buttons on my card, but decided very quickly that I was too lazy! My hat's off to you for doing it, and making it look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Rachel, how on earth did you fussy cut those litle controls? I'm impressed and they really do make those controls more realistic. A great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa Gerrard13 July 2023 at 10:28

    Wow Rachel what an effort to get those coloured controller buttons. Well done! I agree the catalogue samples are always a great help when inspiration is lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The controllers look great, white-embossed on Basic Gray, Rach. Such patience, fussy-cutting and gluing those teensy buttons ... and it paid off! Awesome card, and use of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those fussy cut buttons were SO worth the effort! Your card looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fussy cutting the control buttons really adds the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10