Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 5 July 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 10 - Balmy Blue Baby Bunny


 Hello friends, welcome to week 10 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. This week we are sharing projects that feature Balmy Blue, a lovely soft blue from our Subtles family.
Both of my cards use the rabbit from the Easter Bunny stamp set. 
For the first card I coloured the rabbit with Blends Markers in Balmy Blue and a small amount of Bubble Bath. I also stamped and coloured three butterflies with Blends Markers.


I fussy cut the rabbit and the butterflies. The frame around the rabbit is cut using one of the Darling Details Dies from Basic White card stock.


The DSP behind the rabbit is from the Countryside Inn DSP. I used the Best Family Ever stamp set for the greeting. To stamp the 'on' I had to carefully ink only the o and n from Congratulations with a Balmy Blue Stampin' Write Marker.


The card base is Balmy Blue.
For the second card I stamped the rabbit image on to a piece of  Balmy Blue DSP. Again I fussy cut the image. Three more butterflies are stamped and coloured with Blends Markers.


It's a bit hard to see in the photos but I used the Bubble Bath Blends Marker to colour the rabbits nose, ears and foot pads.


I used the smaller frame from the Darling Details around the rabbit for this card. The Balmy Blue panel behind the rabbit is embossed with on of the Basics 3D embossing folders from the Online Exclusives range. You can find all of the Online Exclusives products and others used to make these cards in my online Stampin' Up! Online Store.


Now it's time to head to the next blog in our Hop, which belongs to my lovely friend Sharon Davern. I can't wait to see what she has to share with us. Make sure you visit all the blogs for lots a Balmy Blue inspiration.


If you have any problems with the links in our Blog Hop please head to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the host of our blog hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Make sure to check back next week when we will be featuring projects using Basic Gray.
Please contact me if you have any questions, I'm always happy to chat about stamping.
Thanks for visiting,

Rachel

Product List

9 comments:

  1. Awww, that is such a sweet card, Rachel. That little bunny is adorable and the delicate white frame. I love the first card with the Countryside Inn DSP and the sentiment is beautiful with the little butterflies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your cards are so cute, Rachel, and your rabbits are simply adorable! I love the Darling Details frame and the way you've used a touch of Bubble Bath too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, how cute! I love how you've turned the bunny into a stuffed toy, just by changing the colour and using the DSP. Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so cute Rachel. The colouring of your bunnies is gorgeous. I love the touches of Bubble Bath. Two beautiful cards x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are very sweet, Rachel, and show off Balmy Blue so beautifully. I love how you coloured the rabbit on the first card ... and it looks so sweet, paper-pieced, on the second. The Darling Details frames look particularly lovely on baby cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of these cards so much! That Darling Details frame gives these cards a lovely look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card Rachel, the little bunnies look so cute in blue framed in those lovely white frames.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Theresa Gerrard6 July 2023 at 11:50

    Oh my goodness Rachel both of your cards are so cute! The colouring and fussy cutting on the first is beautiful and the stamping on the paper on the second looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bunnies make gorgeous baby cards.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10