Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 28 June 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 9 - Pecan Pie Bird's Eye View




Hello friends, welcome to week 9 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. Every week we have been featuring one of the beautiful Stampin' Up! colours, in alphabetical order. 
This week our projects feature Pecan Pie, which is one of the completely new colours to join the Stampin" Up! range this year. 

I almost didn't get organised for this week but my new stamp set(to me) Bird's Eye View, was calling to me. I stamped the images in Pecan Pie ink on Basic White card stock. The birds were stamped separately so that I could cut them out and attached later with Dimensionals. 

I coloured all of the images with Blends Markers. Pecan Pie for the branches, Pecan Pie and Crumb Cake for the birds, with tiny bits of Orchid Oasis and Pumpkin Pie. The leaves were a combination of Granny Apple Green and Lemon Lime Twist.


When colouring the side facing bird I used a Colour Lifter to add texture to the feathers with small dabs of the marker.

I added shading around the image panel in Balmy Blue with a Blending Brush. 


The chest of the bottom right bird as a small amount of Orchid Oasis that was blended with the Pecan Pie with lots and lots of small circular movements. The glasses were stamped in Memento Black ink and coloured with a Light Pool Party Marker.

I stamped and coloured some extra leaves that I attached with Dimensionals. Extra leaves were also stamped directly to the card base.

All of the products used to make these cards are available from my online Stampin' Up! store, the links are listed below.

Now it's time to head to the next hop in our blog hop. Theresa Gerrard has a beautiful Pecan Pie creation to share with you.


If you encounter any issues with the links in our hop please head to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the amazing host of our Colour Creations Blog Hop and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Please come back next week to see our Balmy Blue creations.

The Designer Series Paper Sale finishes on the 30th of June, pick up some beautiful paper at 15% off.

Thanks for visiting,

Rachel


Product List

9 comments:

  1. So cute, Rachel. I love your colouring of those birds, especially the one at the top, you've achieved a fantastic effect. The popped up leaves and the stamping of the leaves on the background are a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colouring of these adorable birds is fabulous, Rachel. I love the technique of using small dabs of the colour lifter to add texture to the feathers- it almost gives a mosaic effect, which is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is just too cute! I love all the leafy details (both stamped in the background, and the extra, fussy-cut and raised, leaves), Rach. The birds are adorable, and your use of colour and ink just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how cute! I love how you've coloured the birds, but especially the one with the colour lifter. Such a cool effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The birds look great with the dabbing effect Rachel, and I was admiring the continuation of leaves on the base too. I really like that effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa Gerrard29 June 2023 at 11:04

    Such a cute card Rachel and your colouring of the birds is fabulous. Fussy cutting the leaves and adding them gives a lovely dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so cute Rachel. I love your cute little birds - as always, your Blends colouring is superb. The side facing bird reminds me of a wooden sculptured piece. I love the 2 colours used on the leaves - it gives them life, as does the combination of direct stamping and fussy cut leaves popped up on dimensionals. The tone on tone stamping on the card base adds a special touch as well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you used this stamp set, it is one of my favourites, but I am yet to ink it up! I love how you added the feathered texture and provided the tip on how to achieve it, I will definitely give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok so now I need this stamp set too! This is great Rachel and I love your colouring technique with the colour lifter! Really cute card!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10