Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 7 June 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 6 - Azure Afternoon Circle

 

Hello friends, welcome to week 6 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team, Each week we have been featuring one of the fabulous Stampin' Up! colours. This week we are featuring Azure Afternoon, the first of our brand new colours.

For tonight's card I have used the Circle Sayings Bundle as well as a couple of pieces of  Bright and Beautiful DSP. I stamped the wave image in Memento Black ink and coloured it in with Blends Markers in Azure Afternoon and Lemon Lolly.


I cut out the image with one of the circles from the Stylish Shapes Dies and then I punched the background circle using the 2 3/8" punch, which is part of the Circle Sayings Bundle.


For the background on the card front I used a couple of strips of Bright and Beautiful DSP and a piece of Basic White card stock. I attached them on angles for some extra interest. The greeting is stamped in Azure Afternoon ink.

All of the products used to make this card are available in my online store.

Now it's time to head over to Caroline Manwaring's blog to see what beautiful project she has to share with us.

If you encounter any issues with the links in our blog hop please head to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the wonderful host of our hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Thanks for visiting,

Rachel.

11 comments:

  1. Your stamped panel is so eye-catching, and makes a wonderful feature for your card. I really love how you've coloured it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stamp, but I am yet to ink it up! The way you have coloured it up has inspired me to play with it on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delightful card Rachel. Your colouring of the wave and sun is gorgeous and I love the way you have die cut the stamped image and then mounted it onto a punched AA disc. So beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Rachel! Your colouring of the wave and sun is stunning and your layout is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa Gerrard8 June 2023 at 09:58

    Such a perfect bundle to feature Azure Afternoon. Your colouring of the wave and sun are just lovely Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bles and yellows are the perfect coastal colours and a great card design, Rachel. Love the angles of your layers too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card, I love the way you have layered the card and DSP on the angle. The Circles are fantastic for this card and your colouring is superb as always. I need to look into this bundle I think! Lovely card and perfect stamp for this colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel Palmieri8 June 2023 at 21:34

    Azure Afternoon is perfect for the stamped image you chose this week. A delightful card, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you coloured the focal image, Rachel ... and the circular elements all look great together. The DSP you've used is ideal for the theme of your card. Nice way to showcase Azure Afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely thank you card, Rachel. I love the look of the offset layers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colouring of the stamped image.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10