Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 31 May 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 5 Wild Wheat Gone Fishing

 



It's week 5 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. This week we are featuring the final 2023-2025 In Colour, Wild Wheat. Wild Wheat is a yellow ochre colour that is my least favourite of the new In Colours.

For tonight's card I relied on the lovely Let's Go Fishing DSP.

I chose the sheet with the multi coloured fish on one side and the gingham pattern on the reverse side. I cut one end with one of the Basic Borders Dies. And then a piece of Mossy Meadow card stock with the same die.

The card front was completed with a strip of the gingham DSP.
The greeting is from the Inked & Tiled stamp set and has been heat embossed in white on Pebbled Path card stock.


I dismantled a small piece of In Colour Jute Twine and attached it behind the greeting. I fussy cut one of the flies from another of the DSP and attached it to the front of the greeting panel. The greeting panel was cut with a Nested Essentials Die.
All of the products that were used to make this card are available through my online store, the links are below. Please contact me with any questions, I'm always happy to chat about stamping ang Stampin' Up!

Now it's time to hop over to see what my lovely team member Rosa Leyden has to share with us.

If you encounter any issues with the links in tonight's hop please go to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the amazing host of our Colour Creations Blog Hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

The next four colours we are featuring are the colours that are new to the Stampin' Up! Colour range, in alphabetical order, starting with Azure Afternoon. See you next week.
Thanks for stopping by,
Happy stamping,
Rachel


Product List

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful masculine card, Rachel. This DSP is so gorgeous and your layout showcases it beautifully. Love the double layer of MM and WW, both die cut with that lovely angled Basic Borders dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Rach - I love it. I really like your use of different dies, and papers. I'd missed that gorgeous edge detail on the Nested Essentials flagged dies; it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping someone would use the Let's Go Fishing Suite this week! Mine is in the post. I love the simplicity of your card, but also the clustered details - the angled border cut coming in behind the label with the jute and die cut fly. Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The borders dies have created an eye catching detail to the Let's Go fishing papers, Rachel. I'm seeing a card like this in my future!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card Rachel. I love its simplicity with a number of special details, like the layer of Mossy Meadows; the fussy cut fly; the deconstructed jute; the Nested Essentials label - all so perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa Gerrard1 June 2023 at 14:30

    What a fabulous masculine card Rachel. I especially love how you have dismantled the Jute. It's very effective and works perfectly with the fishing theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, now that makes Wild Wheat look great as a masculine card. Fantastic use of the border dies and the addition of Mossy Meadow. Fussy cutting the fly is a great idea and adding it to the sentiment die cut. Great card, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love this masculine DSP and how you have used it on your card Rachel. Love the fly and the dismantled jute to finish off your fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful masculine card, Rachel, I love the angled feature, and all those little details that create a harmonious card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really taken by your card Rachel, hook, line and sinker! It's a great masculine card, but with those touches of pink in the fish it could be just as easily gifted to a lady fisher person. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this Rachel, I could see my Dad really loving this as he used to tie his own flies for fishing and the dismantled jute under the sentiment just makes me think of him doing just that! Love the cut from the border dies and the mossy meadow border then the gingham. Fantastic card just love it!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10