Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 10 May 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 2 - Copper Clay Earthen Elegance

 


Hi stampers! Welcome to week 2 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. Every week we will be featuring one of the stunning Stampin' Up! colours in alphabetical order, starting with the new 2023-2025 In Colours. This week we are featuring Copper Clay.

For tonight's card I have used the amazing Earthen Elegance Bundle. Another set that jumped out at me when I first saw the new catalogue. There is a range of stamped and die cut pots and foliage that go beautifully together.

These co ordinate perfectly with the Earthen Elegance 12"x12" DSP, so many yummy textures in these papers.

I started with a Copper Clay card base and stamped the fine foliage in the top left corner in Copper Clay ink.


The pots were cut from the Earthen Elegance DSP and the foliage was cut from Lost Lagoon, Pecan Pie and Pretty Peacock card stock.
I wanted to show you a closer look at the pot with the handles as there are two different dies required, the pot and the handles.


The Deckled Rectangle behind the pots is Gray Granite and had been embossed with one of the Earthen Elegance Dies.


The Thank You is stamped in Pretty Peacock and cut with a Stylish Shape Die.


The final embellishment is a piece of Linen Thread wound a couple of times around the tall pot and finished with a bow.

I have a second card to share with you. I got the idea for this card from another I saw online made with another stamp set.


I started with a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 8cm x 19cm. I inked a C Block in Pebbled Path, stamped off once and then sprayed with rubbing alcohol before stamping in the center of the piece. 

I repeated this process with Copper Clay and Wild Wheat ink. I made a mask the size of the block and then stamped the foliage images over each block.

I used a small piece of Pebbled Path Ribbon under the greeting.

All of the products used to make these cards are in the new Stampin' Up! catalogue and are available in my online store. The links are below. If you have any questions please contact me.

Now it's time to head to Di Furniss' blog to see her amazing project featuring Copper Clay.



If you encounter any issues with the links if this blog hop please head to Cathy Proctor's Blog as she is the wonderful host of our Blog Hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Make sure to come back next week when we will be featuring Moody Mauve.
Happy stamping,
Rachel

Product List

10 comments:

  1. Such beautiful use of colour and texture, Rach! I am impatiently awaiting delivery to me of the Earthen Elegance suite - can't wait to have a play (and create one of those "glazed", drippy, pots). I love what you've done with these products. Your second card is also really lovely - great use of colour, and an interesting technique with the clear block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Rachel, yo0ur cards are wonderful. I especially like the way you've used that die to emboss the entire Deckled Rectangle in your first card and the wonderful acrylic block stamping technique in your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous cards, Rachel! I especially love the first, and how you've used the DSP with the dies. The pot looks amazing, as does the pot with the twine, and the subtle embossing behind them both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - two wonderful cards Rachel. I love your colour combo, layering and use of the DSP for the pots. I kept looking at the gray granite panel and kept wondering how you embossed it. The embossing die within the coordinating dies is amazing. What a great technique on your second card - must give it a try. Thank you for the inspiration. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa Gerrard11 May 2023 at 11:43

    As with my comment on Cathy's card, I cant wait to get my hands on this bundle and the first card you have created is lovely. Thanks for the instructions for your second card, it's so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing designs and use of colours, absolutely adore both designs, but loved your techniques used to create the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, so much gorgeousness!! Both cards are wonderful, I love all the texture and interest, now I have to get my hands on these products.

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I absolutely love the first card with all its gorgeous texture, I enjoyed that blast from the past in the second. I'd say you've stepped it up a bit on what we used to do though, and the colour range is great. Handy to know about the 2 dies for the vase too, makes it more versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of the textures and colours you've used. This is such a great suite and it's perfect for Copper Clay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great cards Rachel. Both of them are wonderful and different but I love them both. I love the different textures you have created on both of the cards especially the first but the second one is gorgeous in its simplicity!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10