Subscribe to my Newsletter

Monday 21 August 2023

Heart of Christmas week 3 - Jolly Words

 




More Christmas cards tonight with the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop. The Art With Heart Team will be here every Monday night until early Dec with plenty of Christmas inspiration.


This week I'm using a new stamp set from the September to December Mini Catalogue. As a demonstrator we are able to pre order products before the catalogue is released so that we can have samples and classes ready to inspire you.

This stamp set has three large images that are really fun and easy to colour, great for new stampers or for those who don't like too much colouring.

For the first card I stamped the image on Vellum card stock in Stazon Ink. I used Stazon Ink as it is an alcohol based ink that dries on non porous surfaces.



I coloured the reverse side of the image with Blends Markers. Once again these markers are alcohol based so they dry on non porous surfaces where as water based markers do not.

I used a Blending Brush and Starry Sky ink to colour the background cloud layers.

For the second card I stamped the JOY image twice in Memento Black ink and once in Pretty Peacock. On the main image I coloured the two elves with Blends Markers. 

On the second  image I coloured the wreath and then fussy cut it with paper snips. I also fussy cut the J and Y from the Pretty Peacock image.

I layered the J and the wreath and the Y on to the main image with Dimensionals. The main image was cut with a Deckled Rectangle Die. I had to double cut the image as the die wasn't exactly the size I needed. The DSP behind the main image is from the new Walk in the Forest DSP.


The zig zag border is Cherry Cobbler card stock and was cut using  another of the Basic Border Dies.

All of the products used to make these cards will be available from the 6th of Sept in my online store. If you would like a copy of the Sept to Dec Catalogue please contact me and I will send one to you.


Now it's time for the next hop which belongs to the very talented Tina Gillespie. Click on the image below to see her fabulous Christmas creation.


Thanks for visiting, please return on Wednesday when will are featuring Cherry Cobbler in our Colour Creations Blog Hop.

Happy stamping,
Rachel

7 comments:

  1. Rachel I love how you achieved two very different looks from this stamp set. The stamped and coloured image on the Vellum is fabulous particularly with Santa and reindeers flying through the clouds. Those elves are so cute and the layering of ‘Joy’ is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, to have Santa and his reindeer soaring through the sky, with clouds as your background, Rach. I really like how you used vellum for the stamped image, against the beautifully colour-blended cardstock clouds. Your second card is super-cute. I'm very taken with your colouring of the wreath, and how you've popped up the images. Great choice of papers and colours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards Rachel. I love Santa flying through the clouds - clever and delightful. I adore your layering of the JOY imagery and its colouring. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both! The cloudy background of the first and the vellum - fabulous touch! The colouring of the elves that coordinates beautifully with the background paper - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, you've really shown how versatile this stamp set is for all kinds of stampers. I love your use of Basic Borders dies in both cards, creating the layered clouds (super cool!) and the zig zag border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are both fabulous Rachel and really evoke the spirit of Christmas. I particularly like the use of the clouds on the first card to highlight Santa and his sleigh in flight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what great cards, Rachel. I love that you have used products that I hadn't even noticed it the catalogue (as I flip through the pages to find them)! I love the vellum layer coloured on the reverse side, it's very effective and the clouds are a great addition. Yours next card is adorable with those image popped up on dimensionals, love it!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10