Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 23 August 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 17 - Cherry Cobbler Stripes

 


Hello stampers, I'm back to join my fellow Art With Heart stampers in this week's Colour Creation Blog Hop. Every we we have been featuring one of the Stampin' Up! colours in alphabetical order.

This week our projects are all featuring Cherry Cobbler which is a lovely deep red in the Regals Colour Family.

Cherry Cobbler is a colour I use a lot when making Christmas cards, but I decided to ink up one of my newish stamps and have a go at an idea I saw on our demonstrator website.


I stamped the Sketched Plaid stamp in Misty Moonlight on Basic White card stock. I used my Blends Markers in Boho Blue and Cherry Cobbler to colour in sections of the stamp for added interest. I used a ruler and a Cherry Cobbler Blends Marker to add the stripes on both directions. I was not confident enough in my ability to draw straight lines free hand to do it without a ruler.


The greeting is stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink using the Charming Sentiments stamp set.
All of the products used to make this card are listed below and are available through my online store.

Now it's time to see what my stamping friend Sharon Davern has to share with us.

If you have any problems with the links in our hops please head to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the wonderful host of our Colour Creations Blog Hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Come back and visit on Monday evening when I will be participating in the next Heart of Christmas blog hop and next week for our Colour Creations Blog Hop featuring Coastal Cabana.


Happy stamping,
Rachel

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Rachel, I love your orientation of this stamp set and your colour combo too. It is such a great graphic design and perfect for either feminine or masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great technique, that you've executed beautifully, Rach. I love how well those blues go with Cherry Cobbler, and you've achieved a really lovely balance of colour. The embossed square behind the sentiment looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great way to use Cherry Cobbler in a non-Christmas card Rachel. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I never would have thought to put those colours together but they go so well. I love the angles on this card it really works so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rachel, I love your plaid. A great colour combo and perfect extra stripes and colouring of sections. It’s brilliant at an angle. love the way you have mounted the sentiment and angled it in line with the plaid. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the angle that you have stamped the Plaid background stamp on, Rachel. You've done a great job filling it in and adding extra lines. It looks amazing and the placement of your sentiment on the angle tops it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10