Subscribe to my Newsletter

Monday 4 September 2023

Heart of Christmas week 5 - Gilded Wishes All Around

 

Hello stampers, it's time for week 5 of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop. I missed the last week as life got too busy.

The card I have to share with you this week uses the Wishes All Around Bundle and the Christmas Tidings Embossing Folder.

I started by embossing a piece of Basic White card stock with the Christmas Tidings Embossing Folder. I very gently rubbed a Versamark ink pad over the raised images. I then sprinkled Heat and Stick Powder over the Versamark followed by Gilded Leafing. Unfortunately the Gilded Leafing didn't adhere to the raised sections as well as I'd hoped. 


I changed track and reached for my Multipurpose Glue. Very selectively and sparingly I added the glue to the raised images that the Versamark missed. I left the glue to go tacky, for about 10 mins. I didn't want the glue too wet so that it didn't spread from where I wanted it. I upended the cardstock into the Gilded Leafing again and this time the result was much more satisfactory. I didn't want perfect coverage, but enough for the Christmas designs to be highlighted.

I cut two of the wreaths, one from Granny Apple Green and the other from Watercolour paper. I coloured the Watercolour piece with Parakeet Party and Real Red ink. The wreaths were layered together and attached to the embossed piece with Dimensionals. 


The card base is Granny Apple Green and the mat is Real Red. The greeting was heat embossed in White on Real Red cardstock.
All of these products are available in my online store from the 6th of Sept.


Now it's time to see what my lovely stamping friend Christine Blain has to share with us.

If you encounter any issues with the links in our hop please head to Sharon's blog as she is the wonderful host of our Christmas hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Thanks for visiting,
Rachel

Product List

8 comments:

  1. The gilded leafing looks great, Rachel, good on you for persisting and getting a great result. Love the watercoloured wreath too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely details on your card, Rach. The gilded background looks great ... and I like that it looks a bit "rustic", as a backdrop to the crisp sentiment and lush wreath. The watercoloured layer of the wreath looks lovely on top of a solid cardstock layer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gilded embossed card Rachel. I find Heat & Stick powder difficult too - I think I over heat it so it looses its stickiness. Your double wreath is delightful, especially with the watercoloured top wreath with the little read berries. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that pretty double-layered wreath, Rachel with the pops of gold behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though your embossed background didn't go quite to plan I really love this end result Rachel. I love the 2 wreaths especially the one onto the watercolour paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gold embossed Christmas Tidings Embossing Folder is so very elegant, Rachel, even if it didn't go quite to plan. The double layered wreath is so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow great job with the embossed panel and using the gilded gold flakes. The watercoloured wreath is soft and pretty on top of the solid coloured card stock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is wonderful Rachel. I love the way the gold shimmers behind your lovely textural wreath. If you hadn't told us we would never have known that it is not exactly as it should be. This wreath bundle is really growing on me.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10