Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 6 September 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 19 - Trucking Along

 



Hello there, welcome to week 19 of the Colour Creations Showcase with the Art With Heart Team. Every week we have been featuring one of the Stampin' Up! colours in alphabetical order. This week we are featuring my favourite and most used Neutral Colour, Crumb Cake.
I started with a piece of Crumb Cake card stock and used Coastal Cabana, Real Red and Misty Moonlight inks with one of the Foursquare Masks and Blending Brushes. 


As the piece of card stock is longer than the mask I had to colour/blend the top half then preposition the mask on the lower half to continue colouring.


I stamped the three utes in Stazon Ink on Crumb Cake card stock. The first layer I added to the utes was White Craft Ink, added with a Blending Pen. Once the white was dry I added the different colour inks with a Water Colour Pen.


I punched each image out with the Trucking Along Builder Punch. These were attached to shapes cut out using the Nested Essentials Dies using Dimensionals.
The greeting is from the Artistically Inked stamp set and is heat embossed in White on Real Red Cardstock.
You can see a peek of the inside of the card where I added an off cut of the shaded cardstock to a piece of Crumb Cake card stock.
All of the products used here are available from my online store.

Now it's time to see what my amazingly talented stamping friend Christine Blain has to share with us.


If you have any problems with the links in our blog hop please head to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the fabulous host of our blog hop and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Please come back next week when we are featuring Crushed Curry.


Thanks for visiting,
Rachel

Product List

5 comments:

  1. Rachel, I love the muted tones you've achieved by using Crumb Cake cardstock as the base instead of white. Your background layer image created using the Foursquare Masks and Blending Brushes looks fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blended masking provides an interesting background for the trucks Rachel. I love the vintage look you've achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rustic, muted, look of your card is just fabulous, Rach! I love that the trucks, watercoloured after being whitewashed, complement the soft colours of the background. The stencilled background layer is great - very creative, and with lovely levels of colour achieved on Crumb Cake. Great card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Rachel. The masked background and the colours you have chosen look great. I love how you then added the trucks to coordinate. The white wash technique then adding colour, is a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great background you have created Rachel and by using the White Craft Ink the utes look more weathered and rustic.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10