Subscribe to my Newsletter

Monday 18 September 2023

Heart of Christmas week 7 - Rocking Christmas

 




Hello friends, it's time for more Christmas inspiration with the Art With Heart Team. Our Heart of Christmas Blog Hop is happening every Monday evening until early December so that we can share an abundance of Christmas projects with you.

For my project this week I have used the Rocking Horse Stamp Set. This Stamp set is also available in a bundle with co ordinating dies but I did not use the ides for this card.


The main image was stamped in Memento Black Ink so that I could colour with my Blends Markers. The colours I used are shown in the photo below.


I cut the main image and a mat in Mossy Meadow card stock using the Deckled Rectangle dies.
The background paper is from the Traditions of St Nick DSP, which is available as a Special Release through the Online Exclusive products.


Also from the Special Release DSP is the Gold Adhesive Backed Glimmer paper, which comes in a pack with Silver Glimmer paper.



The greeting is also from the Rocking Christmas set and was embossed in White Embossing powder. The two little sprigs were cut using a die from the Wished All Around Die set. To add the berries to the sprigs I used my Pearlized Enamel Effects for the first time. The set contains three colours red, white and gray(which looks like silver). They come as a liquid that you CAREFULLY squeeze on and then allow to dry.


I added a small piece of the Adhesive Backed Gold Glimmer paper behind the greeting.

All of these products are available trough my online store.


For more Christmas inspiration it's time for the next hop on our blog hop, the amazingly talented Judy May.



If you have any issues with the links in our blog hop please head to Sharon's blog as she is the fabulous host of our Christmas hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Thanks for visiting,
Rachel

Product List

8 comments:

  1. Such a beautifully composed card, Rach. That background paper is GLORIOUS, and looks so good with the gold glimmer paper. I love the addition of the sprigs to the sentiment (nice job with the Pearlized Enamel Effects, too - perfect!). You have coloured the image beautifully, too. Love your card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Rachel. I love you colouring of the rocking horse and your layering showcases him beautifully. A great sentiment and the touches of sprigs and berries add an extra special touch. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Rachel. That rocking horse is so adorable and I love all the gold elements. Those pearilzed berries are the perfect addition too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Rachel and the choice of background paper is beautiful. Your colouring of the rocking horse is wonderful as are those cute little spriggs poking out the top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! Your rocking horse is coloured so wonderfully, and I love the pops of gold on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Rachel. I hadn’t noticed that greeting, but it is perfect. I love the look of the enamel berries on the foliage, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely layers and a beautifully coloured image of the rocking horse, Rachel. I love the addition of the strip of gold glimmer paper under the sentiment too - it's just the perfect amount of sparkle to show off your lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Rachel. I love all the layers and your rocking horse is coloured just so perfectly. The gold touches and pearlised berries add just the right amount of festive bling.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10