Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 10 April 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 48 - Starry Sky

 


It's Wednesday which means it's time for another Colour Creations Blog Hop with my friends from the Art With Heart Team. Every week we have been featuring one of Stampin' Up!s beautiful colours in alphabetical order. This week we are up to Starry Sky, which unfortunately is one of the soon to be retired In Colours. I'm going to really miss Starry Sky, it's a lovely deep purple/blue colour.

For tonight's card I have used one of my favourite stamp sets from the upcoming new Stampin' Up! catalogue, called Country Flowers.

I stamped the teapot and floral stamps in Starry Sky and Versamark at the same time. I first inked the stamp in Versamark and then straight into the Starry Sky before applying it to the Basic White card stock. I then sprinkled it with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set it. By doing this I could colour with a Water Painter and Starry Sky ink without causing the outline to bleed.

It also gives the outline a slight shiny texture.


I kept the card really simple by using a thin mat in Starry Sky and then a Basic White card base image. The greeting is from the Country Birdhouse stamp set and was stamped in Starry Sky ink. All of these products will be available when the new catalogue goes live on the first of May. 

Please continue with our blog hop by heading to Andrea Sargent's blog to see delightful Starry Sky creations she has to share with us.
If you encounter any issues with the links in our blog hop please head to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the amazing host of our Colour Creations Blog Hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Thanks for hopping by,
Rachel


7 comments:

  1. This is such an elegant card, Rachel! I love all the white space and your clean and crisp monochromatic palette. Thank you for the tip on how to heat emboss in any colour and then colour within the lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! The watercoloured image reminds me of Delft pottery, and is just gorgeous, Rach. I had forgotten that embossing technique - so effective (and practical!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous Rachel. The monochromatic focal image is so beautiful. I love your heat embossed outline - I had forgotten the double inking method. Given the way I’m functioning at present I’d probably ink the wrong way around. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your CAS Rachel and thank you for the double inking tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, thanks for reminding me about the clear embossing powder to make the outline of the image pop and help keep the ink for spreading. I like the softness of your colouring with just the tones of colour on white cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Rachel. This is simply gorgeous with all the white space and the lovely placement and Starry Sky watercolouring of your stamped images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty image and I love your water colouring treatment of it. Purely and simply elegant.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10