Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 22 June 2022

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 8 - Bermuda Bay

 


Hello stampers, I'm back with week 8 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. This week our projects highlight Bermuda Bay which is a beautiful blue/green colour that belongs to our Brights Colour Family.

The first card I have to show you uses the A Fish & A Wish bundle.
 

This bundle includes a punch with two different sized fish and a coordinating stamp set. I have stamped three fish in Stazon Jet Black ink on Silver Foil card stock so that my fish have a realistic shimmer to them.


The background of the card is Coastal Cabana and has been embossed with the Seashells 3D embossing folder.


I cut three squares from Bermuda Bay card stock and attached them to the background on the diagonal. Numerous leaf sprigs were cut using the Natural Prints Dies and Parakeet Party card stock. These sprigs were tucked around the Bermuda Bay squares as seaweed.


The fish were added and the final touch was a few Opal Rounds that I thought looked like bubbles under the water.

The second card I made was cased from a card I saw on Pinterest by LA Stamper.


I love this card as it was the perfect way to use up all of the half flowers around the edge of the DSP sheet.


I used a scalloped rectangle from the Scalloped Contours Dies as the base for the flowers. I stamped the greeting from the Happiness Abounds stamp set and then arranged the flowers around it.


A few teeny tiny Brushed Brass Butterflies were the final touch.

I can't wait to see what the other clever ladies in the team have to share with you. The next hop on our blog hop is my lovely friend Christine Blain. Click either on her name or on the graphic below to see here amazing project.


If you encounter any issues with the links in our Blog Hop please head to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the host of the blog hop and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Happy stamping,

10 comments:

  1. What a cool idea to use the Natural Prints Dies to create seaweed, Rachel! This is the best card I've seen made with this Fish a Wish bundle. Love your second card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are fabulous! Such a great idea to make the fish silver, and the floral card is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what beautiful cards, Rach! I am in love with your first card ... the embossed background, the layout, the seaweed (genius!), and the silver fish stamped with Stazon Jet Black ink. So clever, and a beautiful colour combination. Your second card is really lovely. The Bermuda Bay background is a lovely bold backdrop for those gorgeous flowers. I really like how you arranged them around the sentiment, and the inner edge of the scalloped rectangle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Rachel. I love your sea scene with the silver fish stamped with stazon, the seaweed, the layout - all works together brilliantly. So love your second card too - it looks amazing and is a great way to use the flowers on the edge of the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your design on your first card Rachel. The placement of each element is just perfect. What a great idea to stamp on the silver foil to create shimmery fish. Your second card is lovely and flowers are nicely arranged around the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love both of your cards Rachel, love the fish and the dsp for the seaweed! Perfect! That set is on my wish list. The second card is gorgeous and love how you have put it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 really gorgeous Cards Rachel, I so love this DSP I hope it lasts longer than one year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great cards, it is hard to pick a favourite. I really like the floral version for the economy of using part-flowers to create something so beautiful. It's hard to ignore the shiny fish too, and the angled squares set them off beautifully. I feel I might have to have a play with that stamp set soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great cards Rachel. What a fabulous idea to create the seaweed!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10