Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 15 March 2023

Colour Creation Blog Hop week 44 - Sahara Sand Floating Cards


Hi stampers, it's time for week 44 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. Every week we have been featuring one of the Stampin' Up! colours in alphabetical order. This week we are featuring Sahara Sand, a sandy, beige colour from the Neutrals Colour Family.


For tonight's projects I have used Sahara Sand as the base for two Floating Cards.
The first card uses the Brewed For You Bundle. 
I stamped all of the glasses images on Basic White card stock.


The images for the front of the card were cut out with the Brewed For You Dies and for inside the card the images were cut using square Stylish Shapes Dies.



For the second card I used the By The Bay Specialty DSP for the front. The shell on the front is from the Seashells Dies and Embossing  Folder. I used the Gilded Leafing Embellishment to add texture and sparkle to the shell. The leaf sprig behind the shell is Distressed Gold Paper embossed and cut with the Seashells Embossing Folder and Dies.


 The leaf sprig behind the shell is Distressed Gold Paper embossed and cut with the Seashells Embossing Folder and Dies.
Inside the card I heat embossed a couple of shells in Gold Embossing Powder and stamped the greetings in Sahara Sand.


As the Brewed For You card did not stay closed I mounted the center shell on the second card on a band around the card instead of attaching it to the front of the card. I just realised that neither of these cards has a greeting on the front, oh well, easily added when I have someone to sent them to.


Two very different cards with the same base colour, shows what a versatile neutral Sahara Sand is.  I probable don't use this colour as much as I should, Crumb Cake is my usual go to neutral.

All of the products used to make these cards are available though me online Stampin' Up! website.

It's time to head to the next stop on our blog hop. I am looking forward to seeing what my very talented team member Tina Gillespie has to share with us.
If you have any issues with any of the links on this blog hop please head to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the wonderful host of our blog hop and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Next we'll be back featuring Shaded Spruce. Only a few weeks left of this year's Catalogue blog hop as the new catalogue starts on the 2nd of May. Very exciting!

See you next week.
Happy stamping,
Rachel 



Product List

10 comments:

  1. Raschel, your floating cards are both wonderful. Such a lovely surprise when you open them up. I really like the way you've made Sahara Sand look so different with the different colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your cards are fantastic! The pop up elements inside will be a wonderful surprise for the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely same but different cards Rachel. The surprise on opening each of them is very effective. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great cards, Rachel. I particularly love the sea shell one with the gold gilding, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel your cards look stunning with the surprise pop up bits. Both cards showcase the different colours really well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great cards, Rachel. One colour card base - two totally different cards! Love the sea shell one with gold accents, and the pop ups are a lovely surprise on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fun fold you have used to highlight Sahara Sand as a great neutral colour Rachel - I should use it more often too. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this style of card before Rachel, the pop ups really do add an element of surprise. A great idea to share two different versions, but the elegance of the second card has my vote this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel your floating cards are fabulous. My favourite is the shell one but I do love that you chose such bright contrasting colours for your first card. The same fun fold but two very different cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sahara Sand is a great neutral card base, and you've used it beautifully on both of your cards, Rachel. I especially like how the colours pop on the first card; what a great colour combo!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10