Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 22 March 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 45 - Shaded Spruce

 


Welcome to week 45 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. Every week we have been featuring one of the Stampin' Up! colours in alphabetical order. For week 45 we are featuring Shaded Spruce, a dark, rich green from the Regals Colour Family.

Usually I use Shaded Spruce for trees and foliage, and I guess seaweed is still foliage but under water. I used the A Wish and A Fish stamp set and punch for this week's card.


I stamped the seaweed in Shaded Spruce and also Parakeet Party ink. As I wanted the Shaded Spruce images to be in the background I cut a mask of the seaweed image, stamped the Parakeet Party images, then masked them before stamping the Shaded Spruce images.


The fishies were stamped in Stazon Ink on Silver Foil Paper and punched out using the matching punch.


To colour the background I used a Blending Brush and Tahitian Tide Ink. I added some water drops with a Water Painter and some splatter from a Wink of Stella Pen for added sparkle.
I also made another quick card using the Regency Park DSP and the Basic Borders Dies


The flowers are stamped in Bashful Blue and again punched out with the co ordinating punch.

All of the products used to make these cards are available from my Stampin' Up! online store.


Now it's time to see what my very talented team member Kate Morgan has to share with you. Prepare to be amazed!

If you have any problems with the links in the blog hop please head to Cathy Proctor's blog for a complete list of tonight's participants.

Come back next week when we will be featuring Smoky Slate, a lovely soft gray in the Neutrals family. We only have three more weeks to go until we have finished the current range of Stampin' Up! colours. This means it's almost time for the new Annual Catalogue, yay! Exciting times to come and more new colours to feature.

Thanks for visiting,
Rachel

10 comments:

  1. Snap on the Shaded Spruce and Parakeet Party colour combination, Rachel. Your underwater scene is so realistic with your silver fish and water splatters. Love the floral card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are both great, but I absolutely love the fishy card! You're pretty amazing to mask off the seaweed - it would have been way too fiddly for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are great Rachel and yes seaweed is definitely foliage.The floral card although quick and easy is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fishy card is amazing, Rachel. The silver foil fish would look fabulous IRL! Love how you have popped up your scene too, that looks great. And a lovely second card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Rachel. I think those fish in silver foil is a great choice - I can almost feel as though I'm snorkelling and looking at them shining! Love how you masked for the seaweed too, so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your colour choices for the first card, Rach. Tahitian Tide lightens, yet brings out the brightness of, Shaded Spruce ... and Tahitian Tide is a great addition. Love the silver foil fish - cute! Your second card is beautiful, too. I really like the sentiment white-embossed on Shaded Spruce paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant Parakeet Party, as the colour that lightens and brightens the darker green!

      Delete
  7. Two very different cards, I love the fish one as it's not what you think with creating with a dark green shade. The silver fish just pop on the background of seaweed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two delightful cards Rachel. I love your underwater scene and your colour scheme. Your silver fish with dimension from the fin are cute. I am impressed with your detail of masking the seaweed. Love the dimension you created. Your second card, while simple is no less beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel I would never have thought to put shaded spruce with parakeet party and Tahitian tide. What a fabulous colour combo. The two very bright colours really alter the shaded spruce in some way and the addition of the silver fish only adds to your beautiful underwater scene. Your second card is lovely too. I love that you added interest with the angular panel.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10