Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 29 March 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 46 - Smoky Slate Love Cats

 

Welcome to week 46 of the Colour Creation Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. Each week we have been featuring one of the wonderful Stampin' Up! colours in alphabetical order. This week we are featuring Smoky Slate, a soft, delicate gray from our Neutrals family.

For my Smoky Slate card I chose the Love Cats stamp set from the Jan to April Mini catalogue.


I used my Stamparatus to stamp the cat image so that I could stamp several times in the same position. I stamped numerous times with Smoky Slate ink and then a couple of times after adding Basic Gray shading.


The short brick wall is Smoky Slate card stock embossed with the Brick and Mortar embossing folder. I highlighted the pattern by sponging Smoky Slate over the embossing.


I cut a scalloped rectangle using one of the Scalloped Contour Dies from Petal Pink card stock. The tiny hearts are cut from Rose Gold metallic Specialty paper and the Conversation Bubble dies.


The background DSP is a piece from the Abigail Rose DSP pack, which is in the Stampin' Up! annual catalogue.
The greeting is from my favourite greeting set, Go To Greetings and was heat embossed in White Embossing Powder on Smoky Slate card stock. The greeting was cut using a Stylish Shape die.
All of the products used to make this card are available from my online Stampin' Up! store. Please contact me with any questions.

Now it's time to be amazed and see what my talented team member Caroline Manwaring has to share with us.

If you have any problems with the links in our blog hop please head to the host of this hop, Cathy Proctor's blog, as she has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Thanks for visiting,
Rachel

Product List

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Rachel. I love the playful cat on the brick wall and all the lovely layers behind beautiful. Such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is adorable Rachel - a great stamp set for this colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card Rachel - must ink up those cats since they will probably be leaving soon. I love those shimmery hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute Rachel. I love the cute cat playing on your Smoky Slate brick wall with the gorgeous metallic heart. Great layering too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa Gerrard30 March 2023 at 18:15

    Such a cute card Rachel. That cute cat looks like it is having a fab time on the brick wall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really love this stamp set Rachel, and the card you made with it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card Rachel - I love your colour choices, and every single layer - so much thought has gone into this <3

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10