Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 7 February 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 39 - Petal Pink SAB DSP

 


Hello stamping friends, welcome to week 39 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. This week our projects feature Petal Pink, which is a lovely peachy pink in our Subtles Colour Family. I got on a bit of a run this week so I have three cards to share with you.
This is the first card I made using Petal Pink and I loved this colour combination so much that I used it for the following two cards as well.


I started with a piece of Most Adored DSP, which is one of the current Sale-a-bration Free Rewards. 



The gold hearts are pre printed on the white paper. I used a Blending Brush to add Petal Pink ink across the top of the card piece. Flirty Flamingo was next, followed by Sweet Sorbet.


The CELEBRTAE greeting was cut and embossed with the Thoughtful Moments Hybrid Embossing Folder. 
I applied Versamark Ink with the Stampin' Brayer and then applied gold embossing powder. Flowers from the Timeless Arrangements stamp set were also heat embossed in Gold Embossing Powder. I coloured the flowers Petal Pink, Sweet Sorbet and Old Olive Blends Markers. The Gold Foil and Petal Pink foliage was cut with the Timeless Arrangements Dies.


For the second card I used the Sunny Days DSP, another of the DSP from the Sale-a-bration Rewards.

I cut three strips on the DSP for the background of the card. The white scalloped strip was cut with the Zany Zoo dies. 


The greeting is from the Layering Leaves stamp set. Behind the greeting I added a circle of Petal Pink Glimmer paper cut with one of the Stylish Shapes Dies. The flowers were cut using the Paper Florist Dies and card stock in Basic White, Petal Pink, Sweet Sorbet and Crushed Curry.

For the third card I went back to the Most Adored  DSP. Again the tiny flowers were pre printed on the card stock. I coloured the flowers with Petal Pink, Sweet Sorbet and Old Olive Blends Markers.


The greeting is from the Season of Chic stamp set and was embossed in Gold Embossing Powder. The greeting shapes were cut using the Thoughtful Expressions Dies. I added some tiny Brushed Brass Butterflies and a piece of ribbon that was coloured with a Sweet Sorbet Blends Marker.


I added some tiny Brushed Brass Butterflies and a piece of ribbon that was coloured with a Sweet Sorbet Blends Marker.


Phew, long post, I hope you made it to the end. Don't forget to take time to check out what my stamping friends from Art with Heart have to share with us. Next stop on the hop is the very talented Cathy Proctor.
Cathy is also the wonderful host of our Colour Creations Blog Hop so if you have any issues with the links in the hop please head to Cathy's blog as she has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Next week we will be back with projects featuring Pool Party.

Happy stamping,
Rachel

Product List

8 comments:

  1. Oh simply wow x 3, Rachel! I love all three cards, they look amazing, but the blending on your first card using Petal Pink, Flirty Flamingo and Sweet Sorbet is sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three wonderful cards, you've really been busy Rachel. The first card is my favourite with that blending of pinks and lots of gold - just gorgeous! I like the DSP cut into panels on the second and the ribbon you've coloured on the third card is a great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your cards are all so different, and so beautiful! I especially love the second card. I hadn't noticed that DSP, but I'm now off to have another look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Sigh* - such beauty! Three gorgeous cards, Rach; I love them all! My favourite is the first one, and I will be giving that colour combo a go - it is stunning. Thanks for the inspiration, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were certainly on a roll Rachel. Beautiful cards. Love the way you have coloured the Most Adorned SDSPP and your addition of layered labels with your arrangements of leaves/flowers. All so gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three great cards Rachel but contrary to everyone else my favourite is the third one. such a good idea to colour the paper with the markers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel, you sure have been busy this week! I love all 3 cards and I'm impressed how you used the same colours, but created 3 totally different cards. I sure do love all the touches of gold x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant cards Rachel especially the blending and the flowers coloured with blends. I love the coloured dainty flowers and stems in your third card.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10