Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 28 February 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop week42 - Pretty Peacock Lifetime of Love

 




For week 42 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop we are featuring one of my favourite colours Pretty Peacock. Pretty Peacock was originally one of our In Colours, that returned a couple of years later to our core colour range in the Regals Colour Family.

For today's cards I used the Forever Love Specialty DSP and some masking.


I created both background pieces with one of the masks from the Artistic Mix Decorative Masks, Pretty Peacock Ink and a Blending Brush. I find that I get the most even ink coverage with a Blending Brush if I add the colour quite slowly, adding a small amount of ink until I'm happy with the depth of colour. I use a circular motion on the ink pad to load the brush and then a circular motion to apply the ink to the cardstock.


The flowers are fussy cut from the Forever Love Specialty DSP. The greetings are embossed with Gold Embossing Powder. I borrowed the Happy Anniversary from a discontinued set called Timeless Love.


The greeting panels were cut with the Stylish Shapes Dies and Nested Essential Dies. I popped a short piece of Gold and Vanilla Satin Edged Ribbon under each of the floral pieces. The card bases are Very Vanilla Thick card stock to add a bit more stability to my cards.

Now it's time to see what my very talented stamping friend Di Furniss has to share with us.

If you encounter any issues with the links in Blog Hop please head to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the wonderful host of our blog hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Next week we will be featuring Pumpkin Pie in our projects.

See you soon,
Rachel


Product List

10 comments:

  1. The backgrounds you created for these cards are really beautiful, Rach. I love the fussy-cut flowers, and how finely they emboss in gold - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Rachel. Your masked Pretty Peacock backgrounds are wonderful and layering the die cut labels and fussy cut images are gorgeous over the backgrounds. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I was wondering what that DSP was, Rachel! Your masked blending is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the masks Rachel to create a fabulous background. The gold embossing on the Pretty Peacock is beautiful as is your fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really love the backgrounds you have created for for both your cards! The focal points in Gold are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are so beautiful, Rachel! Gold and Vanilla are such a classic combo to pair with Pretty Peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel both your cards are just beautiful from the evenly blended background using the mask and the striking gold embossed sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cards Rachel. Your background reminds me of some DSP we had some years ago, I always loved that pattern. The gold embossing really brings out the richness of pretty peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel Palmieri2 March 2024 at 13:08

    At first I thought you’d used a DSP too, but the masked and blended background looks wonderful. Very elegant cards with the addition of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Rachel, the richness of the Pretty Peacock teams so well with the gold. Your blended background is wonderful and your fussy cutting of the flowers is perfection!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10