Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 21 October 2020

Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase week 21 - Highland Heather



It's time to colour your world purple with the Art With Heart Team's Colour Creation Showcase, this week featuring the lovely Highland Heather.

For my card today I have used the Hooray To You stamp set. This stamp set is available on it's own or in a Project Collection bundle, which is pictured below. The links at the end of this post will take you directly to my online store.


I inked the large balloon image in Highland Heather. I used a cotton bud to remove the ink from the HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I used a Melon Mambo Stampin Write Marker to colour the greeting. I then used a Gorgeous Grape Stampin Write Marker to highlight some of the tiny flowers on the balloon.

I then huffed on the stamp to re moisten to stamp before stamping it onto Whisper White Card stock.

I cut a frame from Melon Mambo card stock using the Stitched Rectangle Dies.


The only embellishments I added were some small Rhinestone Jewels to the centers of some of the flowers around the greeting and some Wink of Stella to the greeting itself. It's very hard to photograph, but it gives the greeting a lovely shine and shimmer.


I'm pleased with how this bright, simple card turned out. All of the products I used to make this card are listed below.

For more inspiration using Highland Heather from the Art With Heart team head to Catherine's blog for a complete list of tonight's participants.

Happy stamping,
Rachel


7 comments:

  1. What a great colour combination and really interesting technique Rachel to get such a wide variety of colour on the one stamp - genius! Thank you for inspiring us all with your Highland Heather card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've coloured the balloon and sentiment so beautifully, Rachel. I really like this stamp, but don't trust myself to be able to colour different parts of it in various colours, so haven't bought it! I like that you added Gorgeous Grape highlights to the Highland Heather flowers, and the shimmer on the sentiment is a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aghhhhh!!! Melon Mambo looks so amazing with Highland Heather!! I never would have thought of that combination! What a great, bright, cheery card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card, Rachel. I wouldn't have thought to put Melon Mambo with Highland Heather, but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous bright birthday card, Rachel, and great use of colouring of this large stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun and bright card, Rachel. I love the contrast of the soft lilac from Highland Heather and the vibrant hot pink of Melon Mambo. I love this large stamp image and you have used it so well on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the multi colour stamping you've done on the large image stamp.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10