Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 11 November 2020

Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase week 24 - Mango Melody

 



Can you believe it's already week 24 of the Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase? This week we are featuring the bright and delicious Mango Melody. This beautiful summery colour seems very appropriate at the moment as the weather in Melbourne slowly becomes more tropical.

This week I have paired Mango Melody with Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight, another pair of bright summery colours. I was inspired by the colours in the Artistry Blooms paper.
I have made two similar cards that use slightly different techniques.


For my first card I heat embossed the large greeting from The Happiest of Birthdays stamp set on Vellum card stock in White Embossing Powder. I love this set, it's perfect for all birthdays, if you haven't purchased it yet then you really need to!


I mounted the Vellum piece on to a Stitched Rectangle in Mango Melody card stock. I attached the Vellum layer with VERY small amounts of glue just under the greeting so that it does not show through the transparent Vellum. Otherwise you end up with splodges of glue behind your greeting which does not look the best.


The background paper is from Artistry Blooms DSP and the card base is Melon Mambo.

The second card uses the same greeting set but this time I have coloured it with Mango Melody and Melon Mambo ink pads.


I first stamped the greeting in Mango Melody. I used a cotton bud to remove some of the ink round the outside of the greeting. I used a sponge Dauber to add Melon Mambo ink to the outside edges of the greeting. I then huffed on the stamp to remoisten it and stamped it on to Whisper White card stock.


The greeting was cut using the Stitched Rectangle dies, as was a Mango Melody mat.


The background for this card was made using the Dry Brushed Stamp. I mounted the stamp to my Stamparatus and then randomly applied Mango Melody, then cleaned the stamp and applied Melon Mambo and finally Daffodil Delight. I didn't apply all the colours at once as they are all very strong colours that would have transferred to the other ink pads. This card has a Mango Melody card base. The final touches were a few Rhinestone Jewels coloured with Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight Blends Markers and some Magenta Madness ribbon.

For more Mango Melody inspiration head to Cathy's blog for a complete list of tonight's participants.

Come back tomorrow night to see the Art With Heart Team showcase cards that use 5 or less supplies.

Thanks for visiting,
Happy stamping,
Rachel

Product List

9 comments:

  1. I love that big bold birthday stamp too Rachel and I love your cards and colour combo - they make me feel like eating ice cream! Thank you for inspiring us with your creations tonight xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of that awesome birthday sentiment and that beautiful bright DSP makes for a happy birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the colour here Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, that birthday stamp is a "must have" - isn't it awesome? Love the bright, happy, colour combination you've used, Rachel. The second card, a little bolder, is my favourite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect cards Rachel - such strong colours and design elements. I really love how you have inked the dry-brush background stamp - I need to doublecheck my collection and make sure I have that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this DSP it is great and really compliments your happy birthday stamp. I love how you created the second card with the dry-brush and you inked that. Really cool effect! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards, Rachel. I too love this big bold sentiment stamp. I love the technique you used to ink up your background stamp on the second card - it looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your cards are gorgeous Rachel. I love your colour palette and the background on card number two is just sensational. Now I need the Drybrush background stamp!!! Darn you Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both cards but the second is my favourite. I love how you "made" your own DSP with the background stamp and how the multicoloured sentiment matches perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10