Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 25 November 2020

Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase Week 26 - Merry Merlot

 




Hello, I'm back with another week of the Colour Creation Showcase. For week 26 we are featuring Merry Merlot. Merry Merlot is in the Neutrals colour family and is usually a colour I use on my Christmas cards. 


For this showcase I decided use one of the pre order sets I purchased from the up coming Stampin' Up! Jan to June Mini Catalogue. The Art Gallery Bundle includes the Art Gallery stamp set and the Floral Gallery Dies. The stamp set is a two step stamp set with numerous brushstroke style images and 9 lovely greetings. The dies cut out all of the floral images and the words 'Just Want To Say'.

As I started to play with this set I decided to stamp three different level cards that would be appropriate for my beginner, casual and avid stamping customers.


This card is for my beginner stampers. I stamped the large petal stamp in Rococo Rose and then the coordinating smaller stamp in Merry Merlot. These stamps are photopolymer(clear) so that it is easy to stamp one stamp on top of the other.

The stem is stamped in Old Olive and the greeting is also stamped in Merry Merlot.


I used the same stamps and colours on my second card for casual stampers, but I added a couple of extra steps. I cut the floral image with one of the Stitched Rectangle Dies and attached it to the Merry Merlot card base with Dimensionals.


The greeting was cut with one of the Floral Gallery Dies and attached on a small piece of Fine Art Ribbon, which is also in the upcoming catalogue. 


For the Avid stamper card I added another few steps. Again I used the same stamps and colours for the flower. I then cut out the flower with the coordinating die.


The card base is Merry Merlot again. The first layer is a Stitched Rectangle from Pool Party card stock. The second layer is a larger Stitched Rectangle in Whisper White. I placed this piece in the matching Painted Texture 3D embossing folder that I had inked with my Pool Party ink pad. This embossing folder is also available in the Jan to June Mini Catalogue.


I applied the ink directly to the embossing folder.


The greeting was stamped in Merry Merlot and cut with one of the Floral Gallery Dies. Again I used the Fine Art Ribbon that I tied around the embossed piece.


For more Merry Merlot inspiration head to Cathy's blog for a full list of tonight's participants.

Happy stamping,

Rachel

Product List

6 comments:

  1. Ros all three levels of your card look amazing. And i never would have thought of pairing them together but Pool Party looks amazing with Merry Merlot. Thanks for joining the Colour Creations Showcase tonight x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 great cards that show the versatility of the stamp set and explain how SU! works for beginner through to avid stampers. I love that Painted texture folder and can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rococo Rose is my favourite colour for two-step stamping with Merry Merlot. It just works SO well. I love your 3 variations but funny enough, my favourite is your first simple stamping one for beginners. It is so uncluttered and elegant and just shows of that beautiful image so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to showcase Merry Merlot, and this gorgeous suite of products, Rachel. The Painted Texture folder is awesome, isn't it?! Lovely cards ... and Merry Merlot looks very nice with Rococo Rose. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snap!!! This is such a lovely suite of products. I love your cards and the very clever way you have created one for each level of card making. Merry Merlot and Rococo Rose work so well together too. I have only just ordered Rococo Rose ink and cardstock. I relented and bought it to use with the Hydrangea set as it is a must have in my book. But, I am loving the way you have used it here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beginner, casual and avid cards. Though, I have to admit the avid is my fav as I struggle with the other two.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10