Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 17 February 2021

Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase week 36 - Poppy Parade

 



Hello stampers, here is this week's Colour Creation Showcase from the AWHT. This week we are featuring the bright and cheery Poppy Parade. Poppy Parade is our brightest red and it has a hint of orange as it's base. 


For this week's cards I have combined Poppy Parade with Basic White, Basic Black and Old Olive. 
Both cards are very similar, I have only changed which pieces of True Love DSP I have used.


I coloured images on the True Love DSP with Blends Markers. For the card below I used Poppy Parade and Old Olive. After I coloured the images I fussy cut the flowers.


The black and white is another piece of the True Love DSP. This pack of paper is an amazing combination of floral images, which look lovely coloured and geometric prints.


Behind the flowers I added a few small pieces of Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon.


The  image on the second card was coloured with Poppy Parade, Old Olive, Mango Melody and Highland Heather.


The greeting on both cards are from the Heal Your Heart Sale-a-bration stamp set. They have been stamped in Memento Black Ink and cut out with one of the Stitched Shape Dies.


The pretty scalloped edge along bottom of the DSP panel is cut using a die from the Ornate Borders Dies, from Poppy Parade card stock. The final embellishments are a few Rhinestone Jewels.

Don't forget you can only get the Sale-a-bration rewards until the end of Feb, less than two weeks to go! Contact me for more details.

Check out the other beautiful Poppy Parade creation by heading to Cathy's blog for a complete list of tonight's participants.

Thanks for visiting,
Happy stamping,
Rachel

5 comments:

  1. Rachel snap yet again on colour scheme and DSP - I love the other colours you've used ion your cards as well, they look so beautiful. Thank you for providing some Poppy Parade Inspiration this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the True Love paper and Blends was definitely a favourite for Poppy Parade! How gorgeous! I am so pleased to add your cards to pinterest boards - not just the Poppy Parade board, but after seeing so many True Love cards, I am going to have to start a new board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsers, that fussy cutting of that DSP must have taken you ages, amazing patience, but it ha certainly paid off with your gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colouring on both cards Rachel. I love the white space and the addition of the glitter ribbon - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both your cards are fabulous! Same but different :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10