Subscribe to my Newsletter

Monday 26 July 2021

Heart of Christmas week 4

 

Hello, this week for the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop I have used the beautiful Angels of Peace stamp set. 

I started by heat embossing the larger angel in Gold, on Shimmery White card stock. The greeting was also Gold embossed, but on Vellum card stock. 

The image was very subtly coloured with a Water Painter and Cherry Cobbler for her dress, So Saffron for her hair, Balmy Blue on the wings and Blushing Bride on her face and hand.


The image was then cut out using on of the Layered Circle Dies. The mat behind the image was cut from Cherry Cobbler card stock with the Encircled in Beauty Dies. The poinsettia and holly embellishments were cut using the Poinsettia Dies.


Around the edge of the Encircled in Beauty mat and the poinsettia and holly I applied Versamark ink randomly, directly from the ink pad. I then covered this with Heat and Stick Powder and then popped it quickly into my tub of Gilded Leafing. After a quick push down on the back of the items to make sure the Gilded Leafing is attached, I brushed off the excess with a dry paint brush.


The background paper is from the new Harvest Meadow DSP and the card base is Evening Evergreen.

I had a lovely time playing with this set, it's so easy to colour. For more Christmas inspiration the next hop on our blog hop is the very talented Cathy Proctor.


If you get lost or find a broken link in our blog hop please head to Tina Gillespie's blog for a full list of tonight's participants.

Most of the products I used to make this card are listed below, apart from the new products that are available from the 3rd of August.

Thanks for visiting,
Rachel

Product List

9 comments:

  1. I love the look of the gilded leafing, and that beautiful background paper, Rachel. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, that gold gilding really takes your card to another level - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely details in your card Rachel. I love that you used the gilded leaf as an accent. I think people who use it are very brave. 😂🤣😬

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree I love the splatter of gilding to the gorgeous Encircled in Beauty mat and the poinsettias. Beautiful card Rachel that showcases the angel image and other products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your gilded leafing, Rachel, it adds such a gorgeous touch of elegance. Lovely soft colouring of your angel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a great choice for the background and all the touches of gilded leafing coordinate well wit the embossed angel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Rachel. I love the vellum sentiment and touches of gold leafing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love that gorgeous collection of embellishments together and the gold leafing looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card but I adore your use of gilded leafing!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10