Subscribe to my Newsletter

Monday 18 July 2022

Heart of Christmas week 3 - Brightly Decorated With Happiness

 


Hi stampers, I'm back with week 3 of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. Every Monday at 8pm until the 28th of November the Art With Heart Team will be participating in a Christmas themed blog hop featuring only Stampin' Up! products.
For this week's card I am using the Decorated With Happiness Bundle and the Celebrate Everything DSP pack, which is available as a hostess reward in the July to December Mini Catalogue.


I started with a Stitched Rectangle die cut and stamped the three baubles at various heights in Memento Jet Black Ink. I coloured the baubles with Blends Markers in the colours listed below. This layer is matted on a larger Stitched Rectangle piece in Real Red.


I cut the pine branch from the Decorated Pines Dies from Shaded Spruce cardstock and attached it above the baubles.


I chose this colourful stripy sheet of DSP as my card background. These colours are not traditional Christmas colours but I think they are suited to these fun, sketched style baubles.


The greeting is stamped in Real Red and cut out using one of the banner dies from the Stylish Shapes Die set.

The next step in our blog hop takes us to the blog of the lovely and very clever Kathryn Mangelsdorf.

If you have any problems with the steps in our blog hop head to Sharon Davern's blog as she is the host and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Don't forget that the Stampin' Up! Sale-a-bration is on until the end of August. You will receive FREE rewards with all purchases over $90.


Thanks for visiting, and make sure you continue through our blog hop to all of the Christmas inspiration our team has to show you.

Happy stamping,

Rachel


Product List

11 comments:

  1. I really love the way you have teamed that gorgeous striped DSP with this fun whimsical Christmas stamp set Rachel! What a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun colour combination, and use of stamps and papers, Rachel. The die cut pine bough is perfect for hanging the funky baubles from. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great choice of background DSP for your fun card! The baubles look fab hanging from your bough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun and vibrant card, Rachel. I know these are "non traditional" Christmas colours but I agree with you that they are really suited to the fun, sketched style of the baubles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous bright and cheery card to showcase these baubles - great colouring! Rachel I love the addition of the pine branch to hang your baubles from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous bright Christmas card (snap on the DSP choice). Your gorgeous Stampin' Blends colouring really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your non-traditional colour card Rachel. It is so bright and funky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Rachel, really makes me smile to see these gorgeous bold colours for a modern Christmas! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's not a traditional designer series paper that I would put with a Christmas card, but with the bright colours of the decorations just made it blend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, you have made me look at this stamp set with a fresh set of eyes. Love your colour combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just never seem to make these kind of stamp sets work but You have made it work wonders! Gorgeous card and love how bright and happy it looks! Fantastic card Rach!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10