Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 15 November 2023

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 29 - Highland Heather Artistic Roses and Merriest Trees


 
Welcome to week 29 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. Every week we  have been featuring one of the beautiful Stampin' Up! core colours. This week we are featuring Highland Heather, a lovely soft purple from our Subtles Colour Family.

I have two cards tonight.
Firstly a birthday card that I made for a stamping friend who loves purples.
I used the Artistically Inked Bundle. The other colours on the card are Gorgeous Grape, Lost Lagoon and Soft Sea Foam.


I've stamped some leaves behind the die cut leaves to add extra dimension.


I really love the Happy Birthday greeting in this set, it's a beautiful font. I've used white embossing powder on Gorgeous Grape card stock.


For the second card I have used the Merriest Trees Bundle. I used a Blending Brush to apply Highland Heather to the card front behind the tree. This piece was then embossed with one of the 3D Basics Embossing folders from the Online Exclusives.

To make the tree I used Blending Brushes with Shaded Spruce and Granny Apple Green ink. I then splattered water and a Wink of Stella pen over the card stock for added interest.


The decorations are from the Silver Glimmer Paper, Adhesive Backed. The greeting was stamped in Highland Heather ink.

Now it's time to see what my lovely stamping friend Andrea Sargent has to share with us.

If you encounter any problems with the links in our hop please head to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the host of our Colour Creations Blog Hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.


We'll be back next week to feature..

Thanks for visiting,
Rachel


Product List

5 comments:

  1. A lovely mix of stamping & die cutting on your first card, Rachel. Greens and purples are just made for each other. Your christmas tree, I thought you had watercoloured, but I was surprised that it was blended. The Wink of Stella splatters add the perfect highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both beautiful, quite inspirational really. The splatters on the tree are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your use of colour, on both cards, is divine, Rach! On your first card, I love the softly stamped leaves in the background, and the gorgeous colour combination that makes for a really beautiful card. On the second card, I love how the Highland Heather ink blended in the background really makes the glorious greens on the tree "pop". So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning cards, Rachel! I love the mix of green and purple on each card and the water splatters on your Christmas card. Your blending gives a wonderful effect.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Two delightful cards Rachel. I love your Artistically Inked card with the shading and stamping in the background. Your friend will be delighted. Your Christmas tree is gorgeous with the softly blended background and the stunning blended and water splattered colouring. I love the die cut layers too. Oh dear - i have been trying to resist this bundle, but …. xxx

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10