Subscribe to my Newsletter

Monday 13 November 2023

Heart of Christmas week 15 - Merriest Trees Hexagons

 



Hello stamping friends, welcome to week 15 of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. We only have a couple of Monday's left of our Christmas Blog Hop before we finish for this year. Make sure you check out all of our posts for your Christmas inspiration. 

This week I have a couple of pop up cards to share with you. I used the Merriest Trees Bundle to decorate these hexagon pop up cards. I used my electric cutter to cut the bases but there are numerous tutorials available on the web if you search Hexagon Pop Up Boxes.


For both cards I used the following colours for the trees.
Large tree: Shaded Spruce and Mossy Meadow,
Middle tree: Garden Green and Shaded Spruce,
Smallest tree: Soft Sea Foam and Garden Green.


For this card the decorations are cut from Gold Adhesive Backed Specialty Paper and Red Foil paper. 


For the second card all of the decorations are cut from Gold Adhesive Backed Paper. These cards still fold flat to fit into an envelope 14cm x 14cm.

Now it's time to hop over and check out the beautiful project that my stamping friend Christine Blain has to share with us.

If you encounter any problems with the links in our hop please head to Sharon's blog as she is the wonderful host of our Christmas hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Stampin' Up's Seasonal Sale starts tomorrow!

Save 10% off Ribbon and Trims
Save 15% off Inks
Save 20% off Papers from the Annual Catalogue.


Thanks for visiting,
Rachel

7 comments:

  1. Oh, these are very cool, Rach! They're like a little Christmas present. I love the way you have decorated the trees, and really like the combination of greens. I think I prefer the gold embellishments, but both cards look fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love your card Rachel. I have been playing with this design for weeks but haven't been able to come up with the right mix of elements. The use of the Merriest Tree dies was an inspired choice. Love that the trees are decorated differently. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.such an interesting card design Rachel! I love how it’s turned out and the trio of trees decorated with foil baubles and garland. The scalloped edges at the top of the base are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an effective card, Rachel, it is a gift in itself! Great use of product with these different sized trees and coloured ornaments. I've seen these, but never attempted one. Yours are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely pop up box card with the attention to detail on those matching Christmas trees with all the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Rachel, I just love your pop-up cards! I have been wanting to make one of these for ages and I still haven't got around to doing it. Thank you for inspiring me again.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10