Subscribe to my Newsletter

Monday 7 October 2024

Heart of Christmas week 10 - Humble Home

 



For week 10 of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop I have two cards to share with you. They are the same layout and use the same stamp set but I have changed the colours and DSP.
Both cards use the Humble Home Bundle.


For the first card I stamped the image on Basic White card stock and coloured using Blends Markers. The colours I used were Petal Pink, Poppy Parade and Shaded Spruce.


The DSP is from the Snowy Scenes DSP. The card base is Poppy Parade and the card front is Petal Pink. I embossed the card front with the Cute Crochet 3D Embossing Folder.


For the second card I heat embossed the house image on Pecan Pie card stock in White Embossing Powder. I punched it out with the coordinating Humble Home Punch.


The wreath was coloured with Blends Markers.
For this card I used the Sentimental  Christmas DSP on a Shy Shamrock card base. I stamped Merry Christmas in the Shy Shamrock ink on the card front.


The circles behind the house are Poppy Parade and Shaded Spruce cut with the 2 1/4" and 2 1/2" punches .

All of the products used to make these cards are available through my Online Stampin' Up! Store.


Now it's time to hop over and see what Claire Daly has to share with us.

If you have any issues with the links in our hop please head to Sharon Davern's blog as she is the amazing host of our Christmas blog hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Do not miss the Stampin' Up! Stamp Set Sale that is on until midnight Wednesday. 15% off ALL stamp sets in the Annual Catalogue. For a list of all set click on the image.

Thanks for visiting, please contact me with any questions,
Rachel

Product List

6 comments:

  1. Both cards are really lovely, Rachel but the gingerbread one is my fave. I love how you used the ribbon paper to give a festive backdrop to the house without overwhelming it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your cards are so cute, Rachel, but I do have a spot spot for gingerbread houses. This is a great layout and the combination of DSP and the stamped and punched houses is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two delightful cards Rachel. Both colour combos are lovely and show the layout so well. I love your background stamping on card 2 and the dry embossing is wonderful on card 1. I can’t pick a favourite. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, beautiful bright cards, Rachel. I love how you created two different looks with the one design, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you have used the bright Shy Shamrock on the second card, and how you have used the sentiment as a design element on the background. I like the way you have quite a simple base layout but have shown two different ways to run with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards Rachel. The layout is great and love the colouring on the houses. The use of the crochet embossing folder really works, so cute! Both cards work so well and your followers will be able to make these easy at home.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10