Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 1 July 2020

Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase Week 5 Blushing Bride


Hello stampers, welcome to week 5 of the Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase, this week featuring the lovely soft Blushing Bride. Blushing Bride is in our Subtle colour collection and as you will see it co ordinates perfectly with lots of our other Stampin' Up! colours.

To make my cards today I used the Blossoms in Bloom Bundle.





 I didn't realise I'd used such similar colours to last weeks Blackberry Bliss card until I did the colour swatches. Blushing Bride and Blackberry Bliss is one of my favourite colour duos.


For this card I used the dies in the Many Layered Blossoms Dies. For the more detailed top layer I cut one from Blushing Bride and one from Mint Macaron. I trimmed both of these so that the leaves are removed from the Blushing Bride piece and the Mint Macaron piece.


The bottom layer of the dies was cut from Vellum card stock. The coloured detailed dies were attached to the Vellum layer with the Multipurpose Glue.
The greeting was stamped in Blackberry Bliss.

The second card uses the Blossoms in Bloom Stamp Set. I used the Stamparatus to complete this card. I attached the main stamp to the Stamparatus plate and inked it with Blushing Bride ink. I added Rococo ink to the edges of the flowers with a Sponge Dauber. I stamped this onto Whisper White card stock. I then positioned the three leaves on the Stamparatus plate and ink with Pear Pizzazz ink and stamped.




I repositioned the three leaves and repeated to process. Next I positioned the two small flowers on the Stamparatus and inked in Seaside Spray. The center of the flowers was ink with a sponge dauber and Misty Moonlight ink. The center of the flowers were stamped in Crushed Curry ink.
The greeting is stamped in Blushing Bride. One of the small flower dies was cut from Blushing Bride card stock. The mat is Rococo Rose and the card base is Blushing Bride.


For more Blushing Bride inspiration head to Cathy's blog for a full list of today's participants.

Next week we will be featuring one of the new colours Bumblebee.

Don't forget Bonus Buys are back for July! For every $90 you spend you will receive a $9 coupon to redeem in August.



Thanks for visiting, 
Happy stamping,
Rachel


Product List

11 comments:

  1. I really love the softness of your second card Rachel. It's such a contrast to the first one which is very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 completely different looks , I love them both Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never thought to combine blushing bride & blackberry bliss for such a bold look. I do tend to lean towards the softer palette of card 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such different results, from the same bundle! The "drama" of the first colour combo is striking. I LOVE the softer, stamped, card. Beautiful work, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are beautiful Rachel and show off two different styles - love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are beautiful Rachel, but like Kate - I too tend to lean towards card 2 - its so soft and delicate

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 gorgeous cards Rachel, believe it or not this is not one of my favourite bundles, but your card are stunning. might have to borrow Mum's to have a play with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both your cards are amazing Ros but I just adore the soft watercoloured look of your second card with touches of pale blue. Thank you for sharing your Blushing Bride colour inspiration with us xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your cards are just so lovely Rachel. I certainly would feel better receiving your 'Get Well Soon' card. I like the added softness the vellum gives, and the Mint Macaron leaves go so nicely with the Blushing Bride. I love the sponging of the darker colours on your second card flowers. So soft and it has a vintage look to it from being embossed with the Subtles EF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your work Rachel! Both beautiful cards but for some reason I am particularly drawn to the watercolourey softness of the 2nd card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards Rachel I am a blackberry Bliss kind of girl but saying that I really love the second card as well. Great cards

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10