Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 6 January 2021

Art With Heart Colour Creations week 30 - Night of Navy

 


Welcome to the first Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase for 2021! Hooray for the new year, lets hope it's a better one for everyone.
This week we are featuring Night of Navy, which belongs in our Neutral Colours family.


I have used some products from the Annual Catalogue and some from the new Jan to June Mini Catalogue (J2J mini), although there is not much mini about it, it's packed with a huge range of fabulous products! If you don't already have a copy and live in Australia, contact me and I will send one out to you pronto.




For my first card I combined the Well Suited Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the J2J mini with the Daisy punch from the annual catalogue. I thought the Daisy Punch coordinated perfectly with this DSP. Although the Well Suited DSP is primarily aimed at masculine cards I think it's too pretty not to be used for a feminine card.  



The card base is Night of Navy and the Daisy has been punched from Pacific Point card stock. The smaller flower in the center of the daisy is from the Small Bloom Punch, also in Night of Navy. The center of the daisy is a Clear Faceted Gem.


This was a very simple card, but it shows perfectly how versatile our DSP can be. 


Now for a masculine card. This time I have paired Night of Navy with Gold. I love how elegant it looks.


I first embossed the Night of Navy card stock with the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder. I applied what I thought was a small amount of Versamark to the raised areas on the embossed card stock with a sponge dauber. I sprinkled Heat and Stick powder over the Versamark and discovered I had been a bit too heavy handed so I used a paint brush to gently brush off the excess Heat and Stick Powder.


I heated the Heat and Stick Powder with my Heat Tool then laid the sticky card stock upside down in my tub of Gilded Leafing so that it could stick to the heated Heat and Stick Powder. Again I used a paint brush to remove the excess Gilded Leafing to reveal the background used on this card. The Gilded Leafing is more shiny and shimmery in real life, it's a little hard to photograph accurately. I have matted this on Gold Foil paper and the card base is Misty Moonlight.


The die cut shapes are cut using the Tasteful Labels dies.The greeting is from the Best Year stamp set and has been heat embossed in gold embossing powder. The final touch was a few Gilded Gems.

Thank you for taking the time to visit, if you have any questions about my projects please contact me.

All of the products I have used for these projects are now available through my online store, the links are below.

For more inspiration from the Art With Heart Team head to Cathy's blog for a full list of tonight's participants.

Happy stamping,
Rachel


Product List

8 comments:

  1. Wow. Rachel - I love the elegant simplicity of your first card and the super cool technique on your second card. I haven't been brave enough to play with my gilded leafing yet but you have inspired me to give it a go. Thank you for sharing your Night of Navy inspiration with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you used the smaller flower punch in the daisy centre on your first card, Rach; it complements the paper's design so well. I laughed at your description of how much Versamark ink you applied to your second card. The end result is beautiful; a really striking card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a lot of fun trying the gold leaf. I haven’t been brave enough to open my jar yet LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gilded leafing on the second card. I didn't realise you used the new painted texture embossing folder till I read your description.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Rachel, I love the gold leafing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great cards Rachel. I agree with you regarding the versatility of our DSP’s, and the daisy punch certainly is a perfect match with the DSP pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Gilded Leafing looks fabulous on your navy card, very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are lovely Rachel although I do love your interpretation of that flower paper. Layering the two different punches is a fabulous idea that I would love to borrow.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10