Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 20 January 2021

Art With Heart Colour Creations Showcase week 32 - Pacific Point

 



Today the Art With Heart Team are featuring Pacific Point in their weekly Colour Creations Showcase. I have used the Handsomely Suited Collection to complete two cards. The Handsomely Suited Collection includes the stamp set, dies, coordinating Designer Series Paper and the Twine Combo Pack.
All of these products are available in the new Jan to June Mini Catalogue.

Also on now is the Sale-a-bration Sale. For every $90 worth of products purchased you can earn free products from the Sale-a-bration brochure. 


This week I have paired Pacific Point with Night of Navy and Whisper White.



For my first card I used the dies to cut a suit base and collar piece from Pacific Point. I embossed the suit base with the Subtle 3D embossing folder. I attached the suit piece to a Whisper White card base.


The collar piece is cut from Whisper White and the tie and pocket handkerchief is from a piece of Well Suited DSP.

 
I attached the tie first, checking it is in the correct position with regards to the collar. Then attached the collar and the suit lapels. The pocket and the buttons are the last pieces to be attached. I used a glue dot for each of the buttons. 


The greeting was stamped in Night of Navy ink and comes in the Handsomely Suited stamp set.
For the second card I used the two bow tie stamps in the Handsomely Suited stamp set. I stamped three on different pieces of the Well Suited DSP and fussy cut them out. There are matching dies for all stamps in this set, but I didn't want a border around the images so I chose to cut them out by hand. 


I randomly stamped the bow ties on Whisper White with Night of Navy ink. I attached the three bow ties with Dimensionals.


The greeting was again stamped in Night of Navy, this time on Pacific Point card stock. I punched the end of the card stock strip with the Banner Triple Punch.


These are great masculine cards to add to my stock pile. I find masculine cards harder to make than girly, feminine cards so I am very excited to have this bundle to use. The first card will be perfect for one of my online classes too as there is only minimal stamping involved.

For more inspiration from the Art With Heart Team using Pacific Point head to Cathy's blog for a complete list of tonight's participants.

I will be back tomorrow for The Art With Heart Monthly Showcase, this month featuring products from the Jan to June Mini Catalogue.





Product List 

9 comments:

  1. Great masculine cards, Rachel, love the fussy cut bows in DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your use of Pacific Point as the suit colour gives your first card a really contemporary look, Rachel; great for a younger (or just "hip"!) guy. I love the paper-pieced bow ties on your second card. Two great cards to add to your stash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards, Rachel, and I too am a great fan of the Suit and Tie dies! The DSP is great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are great cards Rachel - so vibrant and fresh with your colour combination. I Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are super Rachel but the second one is probably the best I have seen made with this bundle. I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are just gorgeous Rachel. I love the subtle embossing on the suit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great masculine cards Rachel - I especially love your bow tie one, it is very clever and smart! Thank you for participating in out Pacific Point showcase tonight xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great cards Rachel, I love your colour combinations in both of them. I really love this bundle and need to have a play with it now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both your cards are fabulous Rachel. Great use of pacific point.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10