Subscribe to my Newsletter

Monday 18 October 2021

Heart of Christmas week 16 Christmas Tags

 


Here is the week 16 of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop. This week I have some gift tags to share with you. 

There is less than 10 weeks until Christmas so it's time to get started on Christmas gift buying, so of course you will need tags to go on your gifts, ta da!


I have used four different punches to make my tags so they were super fast to put together.

I am featuring the Tidings of Christmas 6"x6" DSP and coordinating that with Cherry Cobbler, Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent card stock. For all of the tags I started with a strip of card stock 5cm wide and 10.5cm long.
I punched one end with the Delightful Tag Topper Punch.

I made the tags in pairs which is another way I could make them a little more efficiently. I know we've been stuck at home for months with plenty of time, but I'd much rather have a bit of extra time for the gift buying than the tags.

The first of tags features the Deer Punch. It is very difficult to see in the photo but the deer was punched from one of the Sahara Sand sheets with a delicate white design. I punched one deer from the front of the sheet and one from the back so that they are heading in opposite directions. A small piece of Evening Evergreen DSP was added to the end of the card.

The second pair of tags uses the Pine Tree Dies and a Die from the Layering Circle dies. 


 I punched the tree first and then cut the circle so I could make sure the tree was in the center. A piece of Cherry Cobbler DSP is behind each tree. 

My last pair of tags features the Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack. Now, before you tell me these punches are discontinued, I know they are.....but, they are still available in the Clearance Rack and they are reduced! Great buy and they are sooo versatile. I punched the ornaments from Brushed Metallic Paper. The cute little bows are from the Cherry Cobbler and Gold Ribbon.

I did sneak a greeting from a discontinued set, I just didn't have one the right size to fit.

I added a length of Gold Twine to the top of each tag to attach them to my gifts.

On the back of each tag I added the To: From: stamp from the Snowman Season stamp set.

All of the products I have used to make my tags are listed below.

Now it's time to see what the lovely Theresa Gerrard has to share with us.


If at any time you find a broken link, please head to the blog of this week’s Host of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop, Tina Gillespie, and she will have the list of all who are participating.

Thanks for visiting,
Rachel

Product List

10 comments:

  1. Very good use of the negative pieces with your trees, Rachel. These tags are fantastic and I can see why you made them in pairs. I love the deers; they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely not too soon to start on tags, and your tags are fabulous! What a great idea to do them in pairs, as it's not much extra effort, but doubles your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, to make two similar tags at the same time, Rach (I am so bad at planning my crafting like that!). I love the way you have decorated the tags. Great job with getting a head start on these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love these cute little tags Rachel. I love how you used the negative in the patterned paper piece from the tree. Definitely not too early for tags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to make these tags in pairs Rachel - they are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! I love your gift tags and I now need to do this, thanks for the reminder! I love how you have used the negative of the DSP too! I need that Tree punch, why don't I have the tree punch! I must put it on my next order! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous gift tags and love the coordinating pairs and use of negative pieces. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel your gift cards are so sweet and will look gorgeous attached to parcels under your tree. I love the way you have used the negative space of the tree punch. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous set of tags Rachel. I must get started on mine! Handmade tags are such fun to make and I just love yours.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10