Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 14 August 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 16 - Calypso Sunset

 



Hello stamping friends, it's time for week 16 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop. Every week we have been featuring one of the beautiful Stampin' Up! colours in alphabetical order. This week it's Calypso Coral's time to shine. Calypso Coral is not a colour I use very often so I had a bit of trouble deciding what to make for tonight's blog hop.

I finally decided to use Calypso Coral as part of a very simple sunset card.


I used one of the Stylish Shape Circle dies to cut a mask. I started with Daffodil Delight on the bottom third of the circle with a blending Brush, followed by Calypso Coral and then Poppy Parade across the top of the circle. By fading the edges of each colour together you can get an even variation in colours. I find it useful to dab the excess ink off the brush before blending to avoid getting 'splodges' on your card.


I stamped the tree and the greeting from the Loveliest Tree stamp set in Memento Black ink.


The card mat is Basic Black and the card base is Calypso Coral.


I'm quite happy with how my card turned out using just stamps, ink and paper.
Now it's time for the next blog which belongs to my Art With Heart Team member Amie McIllroy.


If you have any issues with the links in our hop please head to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the fabulous host of our blog hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.
For the next three weeks I will be enjoying some R and R on a cruise boat so I will be back on the 11th of September with the Crumb Cake blog hop.

Hopefully my scheduled posts will keep you entertained while I'm gone. I have some more sneak peeks from the new Sept to Dec catalogue to share with you.

See then,
Rachel

Product List

6 comments:

  1. Rachel, your stamps, ink and paper sympathy sunset card is so elegant in its simplicity! Enjoy your cruise - we will miss your inspiring creations while you are away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful, Rachel. Like Cathy, I think your card is very elegant. Beautifully done. A 3-week cruise? How wonderful! We'll miss you in the blog hops, but you probably won't give us a second thought. LOL. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do like your card Rachel.Beautiful yet simply elegant and the colours you have chosen for the sunset are prefect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blending of your sunset and a simple image stamped over it, perfect for a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous sunset is the perfect choice for Calypso Coral, Rachel, with the tree silhouette. I'm sure you may see some sunsets like this as you enjoy some R & R for 3 weeks, how wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A tree and a sunset seem perfect symbols for a sympathy card. The blending really produced a wonderful sunset.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10