Subscribe to my Newsletter

Monday 19 August 2024

Heart of Christmas week 3 - Pretty Peacock Merriest Trees

 



It's time for week 3 of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. Are you warming up to the fact that it's time to think about Christmas? I hope that this week we can inspire you further.

For tonight's card I have used the Merriest Tree stamp set and dies. I actually had this card ready for last week in case my new goodies didn't arrive in time, but they did I saved this card for tonight.


I started with one of the sheets from the Nature's Sweetness DSP pack. The newsprint sheet I chose has splats of gold on it that I thought looked a bit Christmassy.


I cut the 5 pieces of the Christmas tree from the DSP and then shaded the top of each piece with Pretty Peacock ink and a Blending Brush. I adhered each piece of the tree with Dimensionals to give the tree some depth. I embossed the white background and then heat embossed sporadically with gold embossing powder.


I stamped the Pretty Peacock background with the tiny stars in Pretty Peacock ink. This piece and the white embossed background was cut with the Deckled Rectangle Dies.


Now it's time to see what Christmas beauty my stamping buddy Theresa Gerrard has to share with us.


If you have any issues with the links in our blog hop please head to Sharon Davern's blog as she is the wonderful host of our Christmas Blog Hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Unfortunately, or maybe luckily I will not be participating in the blog hops for the next few weeks as I will be cruising home from Singapore. I will return in mid September. I'm hoping to be able to show you some more sneak peaks of the new catalogue, it will depend on my internet connectivity.

Thanks for visiting,
Rachel





Product List

8 comments:

  1. Really beautiful use of the Merriest Trees bundle, Rach ... I mustn't forget to use these lovely stamps and dies, just because new "stuff" has come out! I love the look of the tree die-cut from that beautiful paper, with Pretty Peacock ink blended on each piece. Your chosen colour combo is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely Christmas card Rachel. It's definitely giving me vintage vibes! I especially like your background with the sprinkles of gold embossing powder. Have a relaxing cruising holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever use of the gold flecked DSP, Rachel to create your pretty tree. I love the dimension you’ve created and the gold embossing on the background is a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Rachel, those trees look so beautiful die cut from the Nature's Sweetness DSP! What a gorgeous vintage vibe you have achieved with this card. Have a wonderful cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is absolutely gorgeous Rachel! I simply love it! The die cut DSP for the tree is perfect plus with the blending of colour on them as well. All on the distressed tile background with the gold specks it looks so lovely and antique. Enjoy your cruising and have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That newsprint paper is divine for your tree and I love the treatment of gold on the Distressed Tile embossed background. Love it! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snap on the colours used and the bundle Rachel. Strange how of all the colours we could use we ended up using the same! Your card has a lovely vintage feel about it and the gold with the Pretty Peacock is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel I love the use of the printed DSP for the Christmas tree together with the gold elements. Lovely colour choices and I also love the stamped stars on the smaller panel.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10