Subscribe to my Newsletter

Monday 12 August 2024

Heart of Christmas week 2 - Surfing Santa

 



Hello stamping friends, we’re back with week 2 of the Heart of Christmas. 

This week I am very excited to be sharing a project I made using new products from the Sept to Dec Catalogue. This catalogue is only available to demonstrators at the moment, but it is available to everyone from the 4th of Sept.

To make this card I used the cute new Surfing Santa stamp set. I love this set, I think is much more appropriate for Australian Christmases than snowflakes.


I coloured the image with Blends Markers and then cut out the image with one of the Stylish Shapes dies. The colours I used are listed bellow. To cut out the greeting I used a square from the Stylish Shapes dies and first cut two sides and then re positioned to cut the second two sides, as shown below.


I tore some strips of Coastal Cabana and Summer Splash DSP and layered them randomly on the card front.

For the stitched square that Santa is mounted on I stamped the wave a couple of times and then cut out a third one. I stamped off each wave in Coastal Cabana and then re inked the lower edge of the wave in Coastal Cabana for a two toned wave. Across the top of the stitched square piece I used a Blending Brush to add some Balmy Blue ink as the sky.

Apart from the stamp set, all of the products I used to make this card are listed below. The Surfing Santa set is available from the 4th of Sept.

Now for more Christmas inspiration it's time to see what my wonderful stamping friend Christine Blain has to share with us. Prepare to be amazed!


If you have any issues following the links in our hop please head to Sharon Davern's blog as she is the host of our Christmas blog hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Thanks for visiting,
Rachel

Product List

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is adorable, Rachel! I love the wave/water effect you created with the torn DSP and your vibrant colouring of surfing santa too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Your colouring is amazing as usual, but I also love that sentiment die cutting tip and the very cool waves you created with the DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous summery Christmas card, Rachel. Love the way you have created the waves and gave surfing Santa a focus. Love everything about your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's obvious you had a lot of fun making this super-cute card, Rach! The torn DSP background looks awesome. I love the way you die-cut the sentiment, to tie in with the focal square.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your surfing Santa is so cute Rachel and the way you have used the papers and torn them looks just like surf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, a very Australian summer Christmas card, Rachel. It really makes me smile, such a fun card. I love the layering of the torn strips of DSP and the way you stamped the waves in two tones, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10