Subscribe to my Newsletter

Monday 5 August 2024

Heart of Christmas 2024 week 1 - Sparkly Snowflake Bauble

 



Oh my, I'm definitely not ready to think about Christmas, but it's a great way to motivate myself to get a start on my Christmas cards.

As this year's new Christmas products are not available until the 4th of Sept (although as a demonstrator we are able to order from the 6th of August :) I have used existing products. For this card I used the Sparkling Snowflakes stamp set and a Blending Brush.

The first step I used to make this card is to make a mask with a circle punch and Masking Paper.

With a Blending Brush I gradually added Cherry Cobbler ink to the circle to create the bauble.

It's a bit hard to see in the photos but I coloured the small snowflake from the Sparkling Snowflakes set with my Wink of Stella Pen. I stamped three of the snowflakes on to the bauble.

The greeting is from the Greetings of the Season stamp set, one of the current Online Exclusives.

The cute little bow on the top of the ribbon is the Silver and White Sheer Ribbon and the hanger on the bauble is the silver from the Gold and Silver Trim Combo Pack.

All of these products are available through my online store.

It's time to hop to the next blog tonight which belongs to my very talented stamping friend Andrea Sargent.

If you have any issues with the links in our hop please head to Sharon Davern's blog as she is the amazing host of our Heart of Christmas Blog Hops.

Thanks for hopping by,

Rachel


Product List

10 comments:

  1. So, super pretty, Rachel. What a great technique for a soft stamped look and I love all the white space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this bauble is divine, Rach! I spotted the subtle snowflake design straight away, and am intrigued by the technique you used. I have never thought to colour direct to a stamp using Wink of Stella. Love, love, love the elegance of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple, so pretty and so elegant, Rachel! I love all the white space on this card, your clever stamping o the bauble and that gorgeous bow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous Rachel. I love your blended bauble - beautifully coloured. And the subtle addition of Wink of Stella snowflakes is so special. Your ribbon, bow and embossed sentiment are wonderful touches. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Rachel I love the simple design and softly blended bauble. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa Gerrard6 August 2024 at 09:41

    Such a beautifully simple yet gorgeous Christmas card Rachel. The addition of the Wink of Stella adds another dimension. Your choice of ribbon is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool technique Rachel. Your bauble looks amazing and your bow is next level neat and perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Rachel what cool technique! It is very effective and I bet it look fabulous in real life! Love your card so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your idea of the masking to create the Christmas decoration and wow the wink of Stella makes it shine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet and elegant card, Rachel and very cool to stamp with the Wink of Stella. I'm sure it looks very sparkly.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10