Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 7 August 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 15 - Cajun Craze Changing Leaves

 




Hello stamping friends, it's time for week 15 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are featuring Cajun Craze, a deep rust colour that is part of the Regals colour family.
For tonight's card I have used the Changing Leaves Bundle. This bundle includes a stamp set, matching dies and a 3D embossing folder. I used a combination of all of these products to make tonight's card.
Cajun Craze is a colour I don't usually use a lot but I think it works well with Petal Pink and copper. 


I embossed the Petal Pink background with the 3D embossing folder. 


I cut out the largest leaf shape from Cajun Craze card stock and embossed it with the co ordinating folder. To highlight the texture on the leaves I used a Sponge Dauber to apply Copper Enamel Effects to the raised areas. 


I coloured a piece of Sheer White and Silver ribbon with my Cajun Craze Blends Marker. The greeting is heat embossed with Copper Embossing Powder and cut with one of the Changing Leaves Dies.


All of the products used to make this card are available from my online store.


Now it's time to see what my very talented stamping friend Christine Blain has to share with us.

If you encounter any issues with the links in our hop please head to Cathy Proctor's blog for a complete list of tonight's participants.

Thanks for visiting,

6 comments:

  1. Rachel, I love how colouring the ribbon with CC ink makes the silver edges turn to a copper colour - genius! This colour combination of Petal Pink, Cajun Craze and copper is so elegant and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is quite luxurious Rachel, & you've just about convinced me I need the Changing Leaves bundle. I have to agree that Petal Pink goes very well with Cajun Craze & copper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea, to emboss the leaf design on a Petal Pink background! It's a beautiful backdrop to your cluster of elegant leaves, Rachel. The addition of enamel effects using a sponge dauber, to the large leaf, is a great touch. Nicely co-ordinating ribbon, and copper-embossed sentiment, too ... so many gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa Gerrard8 August 2024 at 08:24

    Snap on the bundle Rachel! How good is it? Love your interpretation of it especially the soft Petal Pink background to tone down the boldness of Cajun Craze

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Rachel, I can't wait for my bundle to arrive this week. Petal Pink is so beautiful with Cajun Craze and the sponged enamel effects on your leaves adds lush detail. Love the cluster with the ribbon and metallic sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have coloured the ribbon! You have inspired me to take another look at my stash.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10