Subscribe to my Newsletter

Wednesday 17 August 2022

Colour Creations Blog Hop week 16 - Crushed Curry Wattle

 


Hello friends, welcome to week 16 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. For week 16 we are featuring one of my least used colours Crushed Curry. 


I usually use this colour on autumn themed cards with Cajun Craze, but I have just received the Brightest Beauty Bundle and decided that Crushed Curry would be the perfect colour for wattle flowers.


I used Sponge Daubers to apply Crushed Curry and Old Olive ink to the main floral stamp. This was stamped on to Basic White card stock then cut with a Deckled Rectangle Die.


To highlight the flowers I used one of the dies to cut some flowers from Crushed Curry card stock. I attached some of the flowers with Multipurpose Glue directly to the image and attached the others with Dimensionals to add a bit of dimension to the card.


The final touch was some Wink of Stella pen added to the card stock flowers, which adds a lovely bit of sparkly to the card.
For more Crushed Curry inspiration it's now time to see what the my lovely friend Christine Blain has to share with us. Either click on her name or on the graphic below.

If you have any issues with the links on our blog hop head over to Cathy Proctor's blog as she is the wonderful host of the Colour Creations Blog Hops and has a complete list of tonight's participants.

Thanks for visiting and happy stamping,
Rachel

Product List






12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Rachel. This bundle really is a must have for lovers of Australian fauna and your colour choices are simply perfect for wattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Crushed Curry was the perfect choice for the wattle. It looks amazing, and I love the little hints of shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Rach, these stamped images are divine! I LOVE the little die-cut wattle flowers, with Wink of Stella added. The sentiment label is beautiful, as is your card overall. You've made Crushed Curry look really lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just beautiful Rachel, such a gorgeous card. I will have to get this bundle in my next order. I was just thinking about it when out and about seeing all the wattle starting to come out. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why my name didn't come up it is Sharon Davern

      Delete
  5. A gorgeous card Rachel. I agree - Crushed Curry is perfect for wattle flowers. I love your stamping with colour added by daubers and I adore the addition of dimension with die cut wattle flowers. Beautiful. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Rachel! I really need to get this stamp set! The Cootamundra Wattles along our road are gloriously bright at the moment, so your card is perfectly timed with the seasons! Kathryn R.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Rachel and the wattle flowers look wonderful in Crushed Curry. I love the variation of raised and flat flower heads on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card Rachel and Crushed Curry is a perfect choice for it.I love how you have popped some of the flowers up. Its very effective as is the Wink of Stella.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, what a perfect stamp set for Crushed Curry. The wattle is gorgeous and your layering is great too, Rachel. The little die cut wattle flowers with Stella are adorable. This bundle is hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the wattle blooms in Crushed Curry, absolutely perfect - Rachel PALMIERI (it won’t let me sign in)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect card Rachel. Everything about it just works.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10